War. I've declared War at my house.
These beautiful flowers, given to my oldest daughter at a bridal shower this past weekend, were infested with these little "no see-um" bugs. . . or the actual official name is. . . "fungus gnats!" Yuck!! I think a generation or so came in the house with these flowers. By the time we figured out where the buggers were coming from, it was too late. . . they were already in the house! Uninvited house guests, not welcomed, not asked to enter. Now how to get them to leave? The flowers "went out of the house," but the little buggers are still in it.
I'm using the old remedy I got from a friend. It works every time. . . place a little apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. . . cover the bowl with plastic wrap. . . rubberband to secure the plastic wrap to the top of the bowl. . . puncture a few little holes on top of the plastic wrap. The cider vinegar attracts the little buggers and they dive in, but they can't get out (that why the wrap is rubbberbanded on tightly so they can't sneak out the sides). . . so they drown!!! Better than letting off those bombs where you have to seal off your kitchen cupboards or wash EVERYTHING in the kitchen after letting them off. Yuck. I think maybe one more day of this "trap" and they will be gone.
These fungus gnats are on mums especially this time of year. I purchased a spray from The Home Depot that you supposedly spray on the flowers to kill the bugs, but not the flowers. . . maybe we'll use that next time BEFORE the flowers make it into the house (and the bugs).

Next time you see mums at my house, they will not be inside my home. . . only outside to greet welcomed guests.
Blessings!



1 comment:
Hope you catch those little buggers!
Post a Comment