Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ANOTHER PROJECT FINISHED!!!

Storage. . . can never have enough. That's my motto ~ especially if you have girls and their shoes!!

Our girls like to keep their shoes in our garage. They usually kick them off before entering the door to come into the house (that part is good ~ the shoe pile-up was bad). I went to IKEA and purchased three wardrobes. I knew while shopping that huge IKEA store that I must find something with doors to hide the mess. BINGO, when I found these. I assembled them myself thank~you~very~much!! One for each daughter to keep their coats and shoes and one for hubby and I for our shoes. Hubby and I keep most of our shoes in our bedroom closet. . . the girls NOT. We also hang our coats in the hall closet ~since we only have one or two compared to our girls MANY!!

This is what I purchased from IKEA (good prices, but everything must be assembled):

After assembling, this is what I ended up with:

They can now keep their books and backpacks in here too ~ less mess in the house!!


This is what I started with before I began my project:

Much better don't you think? I even have a little spot for notes, the dog leash and my love notes to the girls on the chalk board, which says "Pick-up Shoes, Mom!!"


The old shoe shelves I scrubbed and cleaned and they are now in my hall way closet to hold my over flow of canned good from the pantry. Recycled them nicely.
I have a few more projects that I've been working on that I will be showing you within a few days too!
Blessings. . . until next time,

10 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
Great JOb! What a Great idea:o)
HAve a great day!
Blessins',Lib

black eyed susans kitchen said...

You are one busy Mom! That project turned out great. Susan

Bo said...

Hey, I thought getting organized was a resolution for New Year's Day...LOL You certainly are ahead of the pack now...looks so neat!
;-) Bo

Cherdecor said...

Your new storage looks great! Now you can have the pride and satisfaction of a job well done!
It looks really nice!
Blessings,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

That looks soo nice! I lov IKEA - they really have some great storage pieces.

Manuela

linda t said...

Wow! I am all over your awesome storage!!
I love finding ways to organize, especially the kids stuff.
Good for you Sher! Great job!
And sooo inspiring! I am going to go reorganize my laundry room now! Thanks to you!

pedalpower said...

Wow, that's great...so organized. I just visited Ikea for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm hoping to get some of those shelves to house our books.

I'm having a book giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out.
http://gardenjunk.blogspot.com/2008/09/chick-lit-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

I wish we had an IKEA near us---those cabinets look like what I am looking for to put in our garage, cept I need an overfloor spot for small appliances rarely used, but still wanted for when I do need them! Great idea to put the old shelve in your hall closet to serve as extra storage for canned goods.

Thank you for the additional "denture" tip---I will add that to my list of terrific things to do with old dentures! dana

Justabeachkat said...

Great idea! I'm impressed you put them together yourself! Wow! They really look nice.

Hugs!
Kat

Karen said...

awesome idea for shoes! I had a shelf too but now have a rubbermaid shelf thingy with doors in the laundry room.