Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BASEMENT SHOWER TILE UPDATE

REMEMBER THIS PROJECT? WE'LL PROGRESS IS BEING MADE THAT'S FOR SURE :)

Here is my honey, working, working, working on installing the cement board. I've been visibly missing from the blogging world. I hurt my back again (I'm OK now), but was unable to help my hubby as I had planned. Bless his heart, he did it all himself. No tile cutting, no blogging, not much of anything for me.

But, unfortunately, things can get messy BEFORE looking better! Here's the tile installing/cutting equipment on the bathroom floor.
Here hubs has begun cementing the tile to the wall.



Tile installed all the way to the ceiling now. . .





Tiling the shower seat/ledge.



Starting to lay the smaller tile sheets on the shower floor. . . and the larger tile cut down for the floor entrance ledge.

Now, we need to wait until the tile cement dries completely for a few days and then grout away.

I love the look of the shower tiled. I'm so glad that it's almost finished and behind us finally.

Now, we can begin to think about our next project(s) to tackle :)

Blessings. . . until next time,

8 comments:

Gone said...

Looking good!!! I love the tiles!!

Sorry to hear about your back again! We'll pray for strengthening of it, so it won't do that again!

;-)

Brenda Eason said...

Wow progress for sure. It is looking great!

Judi said...

Wow Sher....you 2 are a great team!
To answer your questions (thanks for commenting on my blog...BTW)...
-Yes, as I noted in my posting...I did do some good diets (namely WW). In 1985, I lost 80 lbs and again in 1993 lost a significant amount of weight. It is the best program. But, like you--I hated the point system (my mind does not work that way!)...I liked the basic program from way back. In fact, my head still thinks that way. But, yes, it forces you to think about food 24-7!
-As for Lapband--the requirement is you have to need to be obese--thus needing to lose 100 lbs for the procedure or have 2-3 comorbidities. Other than that, there is a lengthy process one has to go through. Worth it for me but definitely a pain in the a**. The insurance process is just as exhausting as the medical hoops you have to jump through! It is quite costly all the way around but--LUCKY ME--I was fortunate to be obese & have several comorbidities (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol)..LOL! Although if you are willing to go to Mexico to have it done--none of those things matter. If you have about $6000-8000 in cash you can just get it done! I know several people who have done that but they have to find a dr here to keep their band filled. Like I said....a process!
-That all being said--in my case, the Lapband was the best thing I ever did. EVER! Yes, it was costly in both time and effort and money but my weight issues were also robbing me of my life....literally and figuratively. It was and is worth it all!
Judi

southerninspiration said...

Hey Sher,
thanks for coming by my blog and the birthday wishes. Hey, you've got a good man there, and the tiles look fabulous! And yes, we do seem to have a lot in common. I'm going to make myself a follower (I actually thought I had already!) so I can keep up with all your projects! I'm so sorry to hear about your back. It's tough to have those nagging weaknesses, isn't it??

Suzanne

Bo said...

How much experience has your hubby had at this?...it sure looks pro! I sure am sorry you hurt your back again...maybe the real cure is to think up the projects & supervise...LOL ;-) Bo

Justabeachkat said...

Bless your heart! How did you hurt your back? I hope it mends real fast.

You are so lucky that your husband is so handy around the house. It's really looking good. I know you're excited.

Hugs!
Kat

Adrienne said...

It's looking good! Take care of yourself. Glad you're doing better but these backs of ours don't like to be messed with! ~Adrienne~

Lib said...

Hi SHer,
Lovely!
Happy to hear you're feeling better!
Blessins',Lib