Friday, August 31, 2007

Yesterday was "THE day!"

Well, yesterday was "the day!" It was "the day" that my youngest had talked about for over a month!! It was "the" Aly & AJ concert with Corbin Bleu, Drake Bell and Bianca Ryan!!

The day began with the girls arriving at my house by 3:45 PM. These are my youngest's BEST, BEST, very BEST friends from school (and the friends that mom here likes the BEST for her to be "hanging" with). Some cheer with her, some are just like sisters to her. All are very, very nice girls. We headed off to DTE in Clarkston. We stopped on the way at Wendy's in Auburn Hills, which, luckily had an Arby's right next door. . . So the girls had their choice; Wendy's or Arby's. Since we made good time traveling and beating rush hour traffic - we ate inside. (I didn't want greasy fast food marks on my leather seats either!)

We arrived at DTE a little after the gates opened and found our perfect place on the lawn. We spread out the blankets and got comfy. From the moment we arrived at the concert until the last minute we left the girls were beaming. They loved their first concert "on the lawn!" Before the concert started they purchased their Aly & AJ T-shirts and promptly put them on over their clothing. The girls laughed, they danced, they jumped, they screamed, they screamed some more, they were having the "time of their lives."

I would have loved to post pictures of them all dancing, screaming, jumping, but I don't think I should post pictures of other people's children on my page. It just isn't proper. So, here's the back of them :)

I sat back and took in all the excitement. Even though my youngest calls me "old," I was a pretty "cool" old mom last night to all the girls. "I" was the one who agreed to take them to the concert - - not the younger "cool" moms. . . and I sat back, watched them and . . . smiled . . . watching them all have the time of their lives and I was the one who had been blessed to have had this opportunity!! :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Hi Sher, it's nice to meet another michigander! I moved from warren up to gladwin {about 3 hours north of you!}
Love living in the country.....

Love your blog! You are such a good mom!

Come visit me sometime!
Hugz, Dolly

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sher, so nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog & for catching the butter error on my pecan muffins. I've edited it so that others will have the correct amount. I did note that math is not my strong suit, LOL!

I see that you are a new blogger, so welcome to blogging. It is so much fun & I have met so many wonderful women since I've been blogging. The only problem is there's not enough time to visit everyone all the time. Looks like you have a very sweet family & love a lot of the same things I do, like yardsaling & estate sales. Fun, fun! That's my passion too...the thrill of the hunt is a wondrous thing.

Please come back & visit me often.

Rhoda