We went to the cottage this weekend to pull the boats out of the lake. We are on a man-made lake and the lake level is controlled by a dam (run and operated by our cottage association maintenance department). The lake is lowered in the fall to give home/cottage owners the opportunity to work on their seawalls and docks, if need be. So, we actually HAD to go to the cottage this weekend because the lake will be lowered before we have an opportunity to get back up north. We are fortunate enough to have a little cottage on the canal, in which we are only two properties away from the main lake. We don't hear the noise off the big lake and have all the privacy we need. When we retire, we'll probably sell our main house and the cottage then build a house on the lake. At least, that's the "plan" for now.
Hubs and I took the boats out and made one last trip around the lake. I'm not sad when the boats come out. . . it's nice to step back a little and not be at that fast paced summer schedule. The fall color is just starting to show, but it is still breathtaking to us.
Here are some pictures to share with you. . .
This is a picture at the boat launch. We are just pulling out Hub's boat . He likes to ski and tube with the kids, so he likes a boat for speed - I have a "very little" pontoon that I like for cruising. I'm not into whipping around the lake anymore. . . hurts my back. . . neck. . . just getting old I guess. This is a big step down for hubs, who had a jet boat when we started dating . . . way back when.

This is another picture of the boat launch. This side has a bath house, picnic pavilions, a beach and a play area for kids. You can just see the color starting to change on the tree tops.

This is our association clubhouse (at the other end of the lake). It can be rented to members, or outside guests. We use it for association gatherings; i.e; Dinners, New Year's Eve parties, Ox Roast, Holiday parties, Craft Shows, Coffee & Donuts , and the different clubs, Computer, Exercise, Crafts, and on and on. Always something going on if you want to keep busy and active. This is also the "main beach" area. It's to the right of the Club House. I didn't photograph that area. Forgot. Behind the Club House is our campground. It's for property owners who have not yet built, or for property owners to allow their guest to camp on the grounds. I love all the pine trees surrounding our lake. Mmmmmm - peaceful and relaxing.
Here's my hubs bringing my "little pontoon" down the canal to pull it out of the lake for the winter. He pulls his boat out first because it takes longer to winterize. It's nice to get the biggest job done first!!
Looking down the lake.
This is a shot down from the lake into our canal opening.
And our beautiful Michigan fall color! My favorite time in Michigan!

Blessings!
2 comments:
What a lovely place to relax and unwind! I'll bet the Fall color is absolutely breathtaking when in full regalia.
Ouuu what beautiful pictures!
I too love the fall colors in michigan....
but I am not ready for fall yet! I have too much to do before the snow comes!
:-)
Hugz, Dolly
Post a Comment