I promised a few days ago to share my vintage silverplate with you. Here it is:

Isn't this silverplate flatware simply wonderful? I love old things. I love vintage things. I love "simple elegance." They just don't make things like they used to.
How did this collection get started? I originally purchased several place settings at an Estate Sale. Love those Estate Sales! Then I brought them home, polished them up and put them in a drawer. . . to forget about for awhile. I got busy, life happened and a few years rolled around. Funny how that happens. Later when I came upon them. . . there they were. . . beautiful, shiny, vintage, heavy silver-plated flatware begging for more pieces. My quest began. Thank God for EBAY. I first had to investigate what pattern I even had. So, Amazon was a great source for purchasing books on identifying flatware patterns. I purchased a book by Tere Hagan, called Silverplated Flatware. It is an identification and value guide book.
My pattern is by Wm Rogers & Sons. The pattern name is Triumph - it was first introduced in 1925. 1925!! That's before my parents were even born. 82 years old and still stunning! (I only hope the same is said about me when I reach that age :>). There just seems to be such a better degree of quality (to me anyways) than from the patterns produced today.
I continued on my search through EBAY. I found many individual pieces, a few place settings together, etc. I even found an original magazine ad from 1925 introducing the Triumph pattern for Christmas. Of course, I purchased it all. Don't want to see any pieces without homes. I got place settings, serving pieces, even a sugar, creamer & tea pot of the same pattern.
Now, my beautiful set is complete. . . and I absolutely LOVE it. Was is worth waiting 26+ years for my silver-plated flatware? Oh yes!! It was worth it!!
Come on over sometime and we'll "share a meal."
Blessings!
Sher


3 comments:
Great Flatware, you should display some out so everyone can see.
Bristol
Love the flatware...Do you use it everyday?
Penny
Very pretty flatware. It looks wonderful, considering it's age.
Pat
Post a Comment