Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9 - 11 - 01

Can you believe it's been 6 years since 9-11-01? That tragic day where so many lives were lost and other's lives were changed forever by their loss.

I think about that day so often. . . . Like every Monday when my husband boards a plane for his job and every Thursday when he boards another plane to come home. I especially think about that terrible day frequently now. . . while he's on a project in New York. . . so that's where he's flying into and out of weekly.

How do "I" personally cope? I had a lot of anxiety at first after 9-11. My husband was stuck in one city for a month because his company didn't want employees to fly right away after the 9-11 incident. Employees were "grounded." That means the girls and I didn't see him for a month! You see, his company lost some key employees during that terrible day. On those terrible flights. They didn't want to take a chance of employees flying immediately afterwards. Heads were still shaking, people in shock and the country was in a fog. When my husband was given permission to start flying again, I would start stressing on Sunday afternoons knowing he was leaving the next day.

Anxiety. That's what it's called.

. . . and then while reading my bible I was led to this verse. . .my verse. I've claimed it for my own.

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
I Peter 5:7
Anxiety. All of it. That's what scripture instructs us to do with it. Give it to Him. Now when my husband leaves for the airport, I pray over him, as I always have. I once again ask for God's hand of protection over my hub's vehicle to and from the airports and to once again place the plane in the palm of His hand and allow him to arrive safely to his destination.
. . . what else can we earthly beings do? I turn my hubs over to HIM and that's that. No more anxiety. I feel this peace. His peace. God's peace.
We only have today, actually we only have NOW. We don't know what tomorrow holds. A terrible tragedy like the one that happened 6 years ago can change so many lives. . . forever!
Please continue to pray for our country, our troops and for guidance and wisdom for our leaders.
Blessings!

2 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sher, thanks for coming by to see me. I love this scripture, it's one of my favorites.

And, I love your silver collection. I have a few pieces & you're right, we don't use them like we used to. They are still so pretty in a display though, yours look great!

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Sher does pray that prayer every week prior to my travels. It can be very comforting. I couldn't ask for a greater wife!