Garage/Yard Sale season is about over here in Michigan. I did happen to find one today on my way to the grocery store. . . so, of course, I stopped. It was an older couple having a sale. They were in the process of moving (and fighting). The woman wanted to have a moving sale, the husband didn't want to be bothered. Some items were priced, some not. Things that I thought should have been cheap had a big price tag on, things that were worth more were priced cheaply. The husband grumbled when asked for his help by the wife. Seeing marriages and relationships like this only make me treasure my wonderful husband. I am blessed! We are very supportive of each other's ideas, even if we don't necessarily agree with them : ) .
Anyways, this little item was not priced. I asked the price and was told 50 cents. It's a vintage, but never been used, 24% Lead Crystal Anna Hutte Bleikristall, made in Germany, powder holder. It has a powder puff, screen with a silver plated lid (or maybe it's Sterling, it doesn't say). On the backside of the top is a mirror and it says weighted and reinforced. It's probably not worth too much, but I certainly think it's adorable and worth 2 quarters!! Besides, it reminds me of my Grams!! Grams would keep her face powder and bath powder in things like this. . . . Remember bath powder? I don't see it anymore. Every year for Christmas that was my gift from my grandparents. . . a new flannel night gown and bath powder (or dusting powder some would call it). . .Man, did I make a mess with the powder in my mom's bathroom! Grams always powdered after her bath. But then these days, who has time for baths? Quick shower, get out and go!! Sigh. I think tonight, I'll take a bath.

Blessings. . . until next time (hopefully, I'll have a post of the finished chairs soon - they are done, but I was in a rush to get out of church last night and get our youngest home, so I forgot to take a picture!),



1 comment:
People should read this.
Post a Comment