Friday, October 26, 2007

Puppy Love!


I just got our little doggy back from the groomers. Isn't he too cute? This is Winston Churchill. Winston is a Yorkshire Terrier. We had a Yorkie when we first married over 26 years ago. I love the breed, it's my favorite. It's like always having a puppy - they are so small.
Winston is 3 years old and has wormed his way into my heart. 3 years ago, I did not want a pet. Not because I don't love animals. I do. But, my plate was already full and I knew even though I was told "Mom, I'll take care of the dog!," it wouldn't happen, it would fall on me. So, my daughters caught me in a weak moment and I said "OK!"

Of course, I potty trained Winston, walk him, feed him, water him, brush him, let him out to go potty, take him to the vet, give him his bath, etc., etc. I do laugh when our youngest says, "Mom, you didn't even want a dog and Winston loves you the best. He follows you around and can't have you out of his sight!" Yes, he does. . . go figure. (. . . and I love him with all my heart too.)
Blessings. . . until next time,

6 comments:

Lib said...

How Precious !!!! I know you must Love him very much.
We lost our Cocker a couple months ago .We had him about 20 yrs. so hard to give them up.
We still have a Boxer, we say after her no more, hum......Wonder how long it will take?
Have a blessed weekend.
Lib

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!!!! Cute, cute, cute!! I love him!! My sister has 3 Yorkie's, and they follow Kathy around everywhere she goes!! It's so funny...they just love their Mommies!! Thanks for telling me about your Winston..I love seeing him...and I love your name.."Sher"

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Awww Winston is precious! Look at that sweet face!
Our son has a yorkie and a great dane {great combo huh}

I have been wanting a puppy but hubby says 2 kittens are enough for our lifestyle!
Party pooper!!!!!

Hugz, Dolly

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! My grandmother had a Yorkie, and my funniest memory about him was the time he was sitting on her sofa, somewhat camouflaged because it was the same color as him. I sat on him. (It was funny to me, not to my Grandmother!) I was just a little girl, so I didn't squash him or anything!

linda t said...

Ditto! I was the only one that was hesitant about getting our precious Koda... cuz I too, knew that I would do it all. Well, I can't imagine my life without her. I love her to pieces! Sooo thankful we have her!

Bristol said...

What a cuite. My cousin's husband is not a huge fan of dogs, but her aridale loves him the best.

Bristol