
The stools in the Junior High Youth Room are complete, as you saw from my earlier post. Next, we are changing out the Yee-Haw knotty pine paneled counter. Yesterday, my wonderful friends, Kathy & Lori, helped me sand (vacuum & then wipe down) the counter. We caulked the knots and gaps and primed the counter. It will end up being painted a Pottery Barn Espresso Brown when the final paint is added. This is just the lightly tinted brown primer. The finished product will be much, much darker, followed by 2-3 coats of Poly-acrylic for protection.
We all agree it looks better now with just the primer added than it did to begin with. Much, much more contemporary to match the current decor of the room. The kids who have stopped in to see the chairs and counter are thrilled with the changes!!
We think it will look marvelous when completed!
Happy Halloween!!
Blessings. . . until next time,




3 comments:
Hi,
Wow ,a Beautiful Job!:o)
Hope you're having a great week.
Blessins',
Lib
This is a big project! The stools look fantastic BTW. The counter is looking good too!
Manuela
Hi, Sher, what a great project you are taking on for that youth group. I'm sure they'll enjoy all the hard work you ladies are doing for them & good for you, updating what you have. I always say that paint does wonders & there's nothing like it to give a wonderful update to old tired furniture.
Just wanted to let you know that my name is Rhoda, instead of RhoNda. I get called Rhonda all the time, have all my life, so I'm used to it. Just thought I'd tell you! LOL
Hugs,
Rhoda
Post a Comment