Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday. . . Dishing Out Some Dirt


Well, it may not look like much right now. . . but just you wait and see!! Come Spring, I'm hoping to have the most beautiful display of hyacinths you have ever seen!! Sunday, after church, I had planned to plant my fall bulbs. . . but our plans changed and it didn't work out for me to plant that day. So I planted them yesterday instead.

Hyacinths are one of the most beautiful and fragrant spring bulbs (my opinion). I planted 80 bulbs in white and a variety of purple. Costco has pretty good prices on these if you are interested. I purchased some (Daffodils and Crocus) from Costco last year for the back yard and they came up beautifully this past Spring.
















After the cold, dreary gray of winter, and dumping of snow, we'll all be looking forward to our spring flowers peeking out their little heads. I know, I know, who's thinking spring? We're still into Fall! But hey, one must plan ahead sometimes. . . things don't "just happen" sometimes we have to make "them happen!"

Blessings. . . until next time,

3 comments:

linda t said...

Hi Sher! I'm back home and low and behold, it cooled off here in the Valley of the Sun while we were in Wisconsin!! Yeah!!
Ooh, I love your new banner! I am hoping to get my hubby to change my banner for Fall.
And I too love bulbs. Thanks for the reminder to get some to plant!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh Sher! They are going to be so beautiful! I was just thinking about planting bulbs last night. Now I might just have to go buy some!

Thank you for visiting my blog and saying such nice things about my mosaics!
Penny

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite flower. The funny thing is my first Vday married my husband sent me these and i was so mad. I hated them and the smell. I thought it had to be roses or nothing. Today I love the smell and the flower.I feel my house with them each spring.Either I changed or God did it because I was mean to hubby lol.