Don't forget tomorrow is Sweetest Day. I forgot. Today my oldest told me that her sweetie is taking her out to dinner tonight because they have a wedding to attend tomorrow night. . . So they can't go out and celebrate. . . alone. Sigh, remember those days?
When I informed Hubs that our oldest would not be joining us for dinner tonight, and why, he responded "Oh no, tomorrow's Sweetest Day?" "Yeah, but let's just go out for coffee or something, OK?" was my response. "We're not doing anything big, OK?" We just had 3 family birthday celebrations this month. Our oldest, my father-in-law and mine. Enough gifts, enough spent. . . thank you very much.
We may be older, and our Sweetest Day and Valentine's celebration are not as elaborate, but I'm still madly in love with the Sweetie that I married over 26 years ago. Thank You Lord for binding us together so many years ago. You, Lord, certainly knew who was the perfect mate for this child of yours.
It's certainly "sweeter" as the years go by. . .
Blessings. . . until next time,




6 comments:
Thanks for reminding me.
I had never heard of "Sweetest Day" until this week, a friend from Ohio sent me a card. The back of the card told about Sweetest day.Said it started in Cleveland.I just assumed maybe it was a celebration in Ohio. Now,don't I have alot to learn. lol
I enjoyed visiting your blog.Its very nice.
Blessings,Lib
We have never celebrated Sweetest Day before. Now we know - we must celebrate! Quietly. Yes, it has gotten sweeter as the years roll by for us, too. Soon it will be 36 years and we are so in love. ~Adrienne~
What a *sweet* post! My husband and I stepped into See's Candy Store yesterday, and there was a sign telling people to remember that Sweetest Day was on October 20. So he bought me an extra piece of candy!
Sher..I never heard of Sweetest day! I love the idea of it, but can you tell me anything more about it? I believe that my husband and I may have some celebrating to do...30 years worth of sweetest days missed. Susan
I read about Sweetest Day earlier this month, and totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.
My sweetie of 45 years and I are going out to dinner tomorrow so it will be fun to celebrate. Linda
Post a Comment