Well the project I have volunteered for is repainting all the counter chairs (8 in total) in the Junior High Youth Room at church and recovering the fabric. These chairs were originally slated for the trash! Being the frugal, conservative with the $$ kind of person that I am, I offered to repaint them. It would only cost about $22 in paint, as opposed to probably near $100 per new counter chair. That's about $800. Oooouuuuucccccchhhhhhh!!! Not for kids, junior high kids! Also, I wanted to paint that Yee-Haw knotty pine counter you see. The room prior to being redone (No, I didn't repaint the room. The design committee that did - did an awesome job, however. The kids just love it!) and painted was a western theme. So, the knotty pine counter worked well then, but it just sticks out like a sore thumb now that it's much more contemporary.. . . But there is a little glitch. . . the church office is now having reservations about painting that Yee-Haw wood. They know once we paint it, it's forever. I reassured them I have done projects like this before and have e-mailed pictures to them for their review. Of course, we will polycoat it with a few coats for protection, but the ultimate decision is not up to me. So, I'm on "hold" with that part of the project.
My two dear friends, Kathy and Lori showed up at church Monday morning to help me paint those counter stools. We used the same Hammered Metal paint I have used on prior projects (Powder Room - prior post) and they look marvelous!! We were able to remove all the cushions, wipe down the chairs, cover the plastic feet, paint all the chairs with two coats of paint . . . and fellowship along the way. The time flew by painting and sharing with these two dear friends of mine. What would we all do without our "girlfriends" ladies? I just don't know what I would do!
. . . tomorrow, I'll try to post an "in process - project picture!"
By the way, pretty nice Jr. High Youth Room don't cha think? We never had such cool rooms when I was growing up. I sure wish we had though! There is a pool table, ping pong table, fooze ball, DDR, microwave, refrigerator, ceiling mounted projector, etc., etc. I'll show pictures of the entire room when our "project" is completed.
Blessings. . . until next time,




3 comments:
Sher,
What a Lovely room. I hope you get to redo it as you want.
I look forward to seeing pics. of the make over.
Hope you have aGreat Day!
Blessins',
Lib
Sher, this is a super nice room! WOW! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.
I'm having my 100th post at the back porch. Come on over and enter the drawing!
Pat
Just one thing I would like to say that is thank you. This article is so methodical as well as informative. We would look for the further process.
Post a Comment