Tuesday, October 16, 2007

. . . Tuesday's Thoughts


Well, it's Tuesday. I overslept, woke up with a terrible sinus headache, didn't even send my youngest off with a proper sending (hug and "have a great day sweetie").
Oh well, time to recover. I made a pot of coffee, had a few cups while getting ready. . . went to the Jr. High School to drop off my youngest's forgotten lunch, went into church to volunteer for a few hours and stopped at Wal-mart on my way home to pick up a few necessities.

Then I made dinner and felt like baking some cupcakes with a new recipe (which follows). No, I'm not a cake decorator type person at all. Simple. Simple. Bake, frost, done. I don't get out all those little decorating tips and bags. Never had a desire to get that creative, or had the time, with something that doesn't last too long around my house.
. . . but I did make enough to share. I sent some home with a friend who dropped off my youngest from an outing tonight. It's always nice to share : ) (or Sher)

Cupcakes
24 paper liners
1 butter recipe golden cake mix, or yellow
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners. Mix above ingredients, beat until well mixed. Pour into liners. Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until golden and toothpick comes out clean, or springs back after touching. Cool.

Chocolate Syrup Frosting
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted*
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix butter, cocoa and chocolate syrup in large mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until combined. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Mix until nice and fluffy. Frost cupcakes.
*Sifted to reduce lumps (I place in a bowl and whisk for sifting)
Decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar. . . and share (or Sher)!

Now, off to hide those cupcakes. My motto? "Outta sight, outta mind, or in my mouth and on my behind!"

Blessings. . . until next time,

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Too bad we can't have a cupcake through our computers! But then you wouldn't have any left. They look wonderful. I'll have to try the recipe.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving your thoughts. I've enjoyed visiting here and I'll be back again soon.

~Adrienne~

Bristol said...

Sheryl- those cupcakes look wonderful. I have been fighting off something to. I just feel blah. You are so right about the outta sight thing, that is funny.
Bristol

Priscilla said...

ooooh, your cupcakes look very yum! I have a bit of a sweet tooth and they ook like they would hit the right spot!

Priscilla x