Monday, November 26, 2007

It's Christmas Time At Our House!!!

Hello Friends, I hope you all had a most wonderful Thanksgiving!!

We usually spend our Thanksgiving at the cottage. . . so I like to decorate our home the weekend before Thanksgiving. This way, when we return it's all done and I can then concentrate on entertaining, baking and focusing on the real meaning of Christmas. . . Thank you Lord for sending us your son, Jesus our savior! This is the best present ever received. . . salvation through Jesus Christ your son. Yes, Wise Men (&Women) do still seek Him!


This is our Christmas tree in the Great Room. It's 13' high and pre-lit. We got the most wonderful deal on this tree a few years ago after Christmas. We were at our cottage and a Home Depot there had their items 50% off. We saw this tree and passed on it. Still too much money. A few days later we were there again (for something needed for cottage repairs - I'm sure) and there was one tree left and it was marked 75% off! We then thought it must be for us! I use a very, very tall ladder to decorate this tree. I'm afraid of heights, so I don't look down. My hubs puts the tree up and I decorate it - climbing very carefully. Underneath our tree is our nativity. The "reason for the season!" I'll post that picture later. While I decorate the tree inside the house, my hubs decorates outside the house. I'll post pictures of that later too, if the pictures come out at night.


I like to decorate the foyer stairs and catwalk with lighted, decorated garland. I place ribbon, bows and Christmas bulbs in the garland too.

Here's a partial shot of the catwalk. It's decorated too with the same garland as the foyer.

So now you have seen some of our Christmas decor. What's your decorating include for the holiday?

Blessings. . . until next time,

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Your holiday decorating is just beautiful, Sher!

I haven't started any Christmas decorating yet ~ probably will sometime next week :)

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings, Michelle

PAT said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Sher.

When we had our 10ft tree, it was placed beside the stairs. I stood on the stairs and leaned over the banister, to reach the top of the tree. I'm afraid of hghts, too!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Christmas photos!
Pat

Lib said...

Sher,
Your tree and decs. are absolutely Beautiful.Thanks for sharing.
You did a wonderful job.
I love country sprinkled with Victorian. I think decs. should reflect the owners personality , don't you?
Blessins', Lib

Anonymous said...

Sher, your home is beautiful and looks like it is ready for all kinds of Christmas fun. Your tree is magnificent! It all looks very wonderful. You mentioned plaid on my recent post. I too love plaid, and while I don't have any plaid ribbons on that tree I did add another picture to my post so that you can see the plaid vintage golf bag next to the tree. Also wanted to add that your mantel, stairway landing, and catwalk is so pretty! You have great taste Sher!

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, want to come decorate my house?

Anonymous said...

I love your tree... what a great deal. it is perfect for your room.

Michelle said...

Your tree is beautiful. I'm working on my Christmas village, the tree later in the week. Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like one big house! How long does it take you Sher to decorate your home for Christmas? I bet you do it in steps, huh.

You do a really, really nice job. Thank you for sharing your home and decorating with us.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Just lovely...you always decorate with style. Love the swags over the banisters, and the tree is breath-taking. Susan

Anonymous said...

WOW - what a beautiful home you have - and even lovelier with the Christmas decorations. So welcoming and cozy!

Bristol said...

Sheryl- Your house looks awesome. Can you come to my house!!
Bristol

Anonymous said...

Christmas is looking nice there! Great decorating.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty! Your tree is awesome. You are so way ahead of me! I just got my boxes out last night!

Manuela