Thursday, November 29, 2007

Where in the World is Sher?

Hello to all my Blogland Friends,

I've been crazy, nutso, stressed and busy around here. Life, Christmas, shopping, holiday obligations (yes, already) . . . Oh, not to mention my husband is out of town until December 7th, our oldest had surgery yesterday, my alarm company called Tuesday to tell me an intrusion alarm was sounding and the police were sitting in my driveway and quite possibly there was a burglar in my HOUSE and that I needed to get home ASAP. . . and. . . the mom responsible for driving to Cheer practice after school left my daughter and another girl at the school. . . only to find out later that the mother sent her 17 year old to do the car-pooling instead. . . to drive 5 hyper, excited 13 year old cheerleader girls during rush hour, to the other side of town. . . 45 minutes away!! I don't allow my children to drive with young, inexperience drivers. . . so I'm glad she was forgotten, but I then I had to hike all the way back across town, from where I was, to get them from school, because of course, the buses already left and the other girl who was "forgotten" her mom was working and unreachable!!! AAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHH!! Then all the other mothers found out a 17 year old drove their daughters across town to Cheer practice and blew a gasket too. I had to call the mom and let her know that it was not appropriate to delegate car pool duties onto her underage 17 year old daughter and to please, please call another parent and make arrangements with an adult driver in the future (what the heck are some people thinking?) Then tomorrow, I'm hosting a table at our church Advent Tea (well two tables actually, because our 13 year old is hosting one for her friends. . . again. . . what was I thinking!! I just doubled my work consenting to that extra table!) Whew, enough for a paragraph? I think so!!

Oh well, I just have not had time to post. I will try my best to post within the next few days. It's been oh so exciting around here *sigh* : ) NOT!!

Blessings. . . until next time,

7 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Friend,
Hope things gets better for you soon.Sounds like too much stress for me!
Blessins', Lib

Michelle said...

Awwwww Sher, So sorry to hear your days have been filled with stress lately! Hope you are able to slow down, catch your breath and get a bit of rest sometime this weekend!

Thinking of ya,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a day like I did this last week! Happily, they pass and things become rosy again.

::Jill

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Yikes...in NJ, it is illegal for a 17 year old to drive with more than one passenger in the car. I like it that way..I worry so much about the kids. They need that year to mature and become experienced..I am sooo with you on this. Susan

Bristol said...

Sher- I can't believe that Mother thought that was okay. When things go carzy, they go Crazzy!
Same things going on here.
Bristol

Adrienne said...

Sher, I can't believe what that mother did. She should know better. I hope she won't ever do that again. You had quite a week. Take a deep breath - maybe a bubble bath - and relax for a bit. Hopefully things will calm down now. ~Adrienne

Janet said...

Just stopped in to say hello. Hope you get a chance to chill sometime soon, before the next wave of holiday stress hits you.
Janet