BASEMENT WRAP-UP!!
Hello to all my blogland friends. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments regarding our basement. It was a very time consuming project, our biggest one since we built our cottage, but it was also very rewarding!
Today will be the last post of the basement tour. It's our bathroom (and the bonus shots of the "media closet" - oh yeah baby, my hub's FAVORITE!!)
This bathroom is very special to me. Besides the fact that it was on my "wish list" for the basement. You see, our basement was not prepped for a bathroom. We bought a home that was already in the process of being built by the builder in speculation of selling it. For those of you who are not familiar with our northern basements - it means that the plumbing was not run under the floor of the concrete to accommodate a basement bathroom BEFORE the cement was poured. No problem for my hubs. Nothing stops him. Out he goes and rents a JACKHAMMER, and a CEMENT SAW and digs up the area he needs to lay pipe down and ties it into the existing water and sewer lines. I tell ya folks, this guy continually amazes me. I'm one blessed lady - that's for sure! I must confess, when I saw him with his goggles, jackhammer and cement saw. . . I freaked a little (just a little!).
I'm sorry. . . it's very hard to photograph bathrooms. I'm not sure where to stand to take pictures without being in the mirror reflection. You can't see it in my photo, but there is a sink is to the left.
Now, here's my hub's "media room!" This is the "heart" of the home theater. I always think of the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz. In his little room, making magic happen on the screen.
I found this antique film reel at an estate sale. No one running the sale even knew what it was, but I did. I got it for .50 cents. It was rusted, so I painted it and hung it on the wall by the door of the "media room." Funny, someday my kids will probably be collecting VHS tapes as antiques.
Blessings. . . until next time,


2 comments:
Basement doesn't seem like the right word for your wonderful downstairs area! It's beautiful. We don't typically have basements in CA. I'm not sure why that is...
Enjoy a fabulous Thanksgiving tomorrow!
What a great bathroom...I love how you have it decorated.
Post a Comment