Monday, November 19, 2007

Basement Tour. . . continued - Part 6

"Surprise" in the Closet!

Sorry blogland friends. I've taken a bit of a break the last few days to ready our house for Christmas. We go to our cottage over Thanksgiving, so when we return ~ ~ I'M READY!! BRING ON THE HOLIDAYS. I'll post pictures of my holiday decor in a few days. But right now, we're almost done with our basement tour. One more post after today's post. . . and we're FINISHED!

This is where we left off on our last visit. When the basement was in the process of being designed, which my hubs did. . . he asked me what my wishes were for this space. I told him I'd love a kitchen, bathroom AND a separate water heater installed. The bathroom downstairs is right below our mater bedroom bathroom. My thoughts were we could separate the hot water lines and I would then be able to take a hot jacuzzi bath, followed by a hot shower, if I wished and not run out of hot water. We have two girls living home. . . 20 and 13. . .need I say more? So, that's exactly what he did for me.

This is the water heater closet. But I couldn't just leave that "extra space" that the water heater didn't use. . .


So, I put a curtain up to hide the water heater. Then I made a little bar out of a baby changing table, which I purchased at a garage sale for a few dollars. I painted it black, decorated it with a wine/grapes design, and made it whimsical, fun for parties!

It comes in handy when we have gatherings, holidays and parties. It doesn't take up any additional living space, it's contained and out of the way. I will probably put a lock on this door so when our youngest is having friends over. . . they won't be tempted to visit here. There is another closet on the left side of this room where the pool table sits, but it houses the sub-pump - so nothing else can really go in that closet.


This is what is behind the curtain. I close it for parties. . . it works out just great. Sometimes, it's good to "think out-side of the box." Be creative, utilize that space you have. Turn something like a baby changing table, into a useful basement bar!!

Blessings. . . until next time,


5 comments:

Lib said...

Thanks for the tour,I enjoyed it very much.
Hope y'all have a Blessed Thanksgivng!Lib

Janet said...

Sher,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Come by and visit anytime. I love yours, (wow, your house is huge!!);I will be back to visit some more later.

Janet

Diana LaMarre said...

That is the most clever uses of a baby changing table that I have ever seen! I love how you decorated it.

The whole basement is great!

Looking forward to your Christmas decorations.

Anonymous said...

Well, how clever are you! :-)

linda t said...

Ok, true confession... I WANT A BASEMENT!!!
Every year my hubs will ask what I want for my birthday and I always say... a basement!!
Impossible... no one in Phx. has a basement. Dang!
So I am SOOO envious that you have one.
LOVE your AWESOME basement!!!