Well, we're here at the cottage for a little after Christmas R&R . . . or so we thought. We didn't know a storm was a brewing!! Of course, the snow blower doesn't start (worked fine when hubs checked it in September - go figure); the guy who plows drive-ways is not answering his cell phone. . . so. . . we, I mean my husband and our daughter's boyfriend shoveled! It's still coming down . . . very, very heavy. 8" is predicted in total.
Gee, maybe we won't be heading home on Monday morning after all? Thank God I purchased a small freezer from Costco and brought it up last summer. So, we're stocked with food if we're snowed in. The first picture is one I took from the Great Room door wall looking out over the deck. In the amount of time it took for me to take this picture, loaded it on my computer and uploaded to Blogger, the branches on our pine trees acquired so much snow that they are now badly drooping! I'll take another picture in the morning to show the accumulation.
The above picture was taken out our cottage front door. I took it tonight as hubs was leaving to take the girls sledding. Not me though. Oh, No, I'm a stay in, light the fire and read, or blog, kinda girl. I think you can see how hard it is snowing here in Michigan by these pictures.
Blessings. . . until next time,
Oh, yeah, for all of those blogging buddies out west and down south who have expressed an interest in "having snow", you're all invited up for a visit. . . come on. . . and. . . bring. . . your. . . shovels!! I'll meet you by the fire. . .



6 comments:
Well, it is very pretty. But, I'm not the one who has to shovel or drive in it!
It's beautiful but I can imagine it's very cold. It's only been in the mid 40s here and I'm freezing!
I can imagine that the pine trees are beautiful as the snow dresses them for the New Year. I have heard that it is snowing in Michigan from other bloggers who live there. Everyone seems to be enjoying it. I like the snow, but I am like you in that I do not want to be out in it. I would rather be inside beside the fireplace. I am glad that you have plenty of food in case you have to stay a while.
Please don't send any of that white stuff down here in Pennsylvania. We want to go see our grandchildren on New Year's.
Have a Happy New Year's and get some R & R!
Oh, but it does sound so cozy and romantic and fun... when you can stay in... looking out!!
Yes, I do miss it at times.
But I do remember the hastles that come with all that snow! Stay warm and healthy Sher!
Hi Sher,
THe snow is pretty.I don't want any snow so I'll come set by the fire with ya, we can have acupa ....and craft .:o)
Stay warm and get lots of R&R
Blessins', Lib
Im leaven tonight that would finish off my year. =) I promise when it something you have never had and dreamed of so long. snowed in with a great book or two and some food sounds like heaven!
Post a Comment