Friday, December 7, 2007

Yeah, I'm About Running on Empty!!!


I'm still here, just running on EMPTY. BUSY, SHOPPING, RUNNING, SHOPPING, VOLUNTEERING, SHOPPING, CARPOOLING and SHOPPING! It's the "time of year" and right now. . . I'm a little bit maxed out and over-extended. It hasn't helped that my hubby just arrived home from being gone since Thanksgiving weekend. So, I get the whole load in his absence. It was hard on both of us. He's gone again come Monday morning - - traveling for work again.
. . . So I probably won't be blogging as much as I'd like to until after Christmas. Unfortunately, I have not been able to visit as many of my blogging buddies either, as I like to do. I do hope to get my blogging and comments caught up this weekend. And. . . I do still plan on posting additional pictures of my holiday decorating. . . if I could only find a minute to download my camera! If I could only get a minute to find my camera!

So far, I have ALL of my Christmas shopping done!! Yeeeeaaaahhhhh!! More than 1/2 of it is wrapped and under the tree (nice when the kids get older. . . you can do that!) I have a few presents to take to the post office for mailing. . . If I could just find the correct size boxes! I have all the food purchased, except the Ham, for Christmas dinner. Now. . . I will begin my baking. Next week is my "baking" and "freezing" week. Do you bake for the holidays? For gifts, parties, family? We have our few favorites that I make. Mostly for my husband to take to the office, some for the neighbors, ALWAYS for fellowship time after church. I just have to make sure I keep my hands out of the cookie jar! So, after my baking, things should go easy-peasy into the celebration of Christmas. . . all busyness put aside to focus on why we are celebrating! *Sigh*, yes, that's what it's all about folks.

This weekend. . . I'm spending with my hubby! Hope your weekend is truly wonderful too.

Blessings. . . until next time,

2 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
Slow down take a deep breath.LOL
Seems for me anyway, no matter how simple you try to make life ,there are days of nothing but running .
I hope you have a great wk.end with DH.
Hope you and yours has a Blessed Christmas.
We will be here for you when things slows down for you.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIEND1
lib

Southern Heart said...

I was just feeling a bit maxed-out myself today! :) You're ahead of me on the shopping part, though!

Enjoy your holiday time!

xo, Andrea