Thursday, January 3, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

One of my blogging friends, Lib from Lib's Private Paradise tagged me for this "game" on Sunday night. . . but we had just gotten back from the cottage. . . after digging out from the snow we had when we arrived at the cottage. . . then from the snow that fell while we were at the cottage - 8". . . and then. . . we had more snow at our home-home fall on Monday night. . . um, like 12" of snow. So, I guess you could say, "I've been a little snowed under! " or maybe "I've been a little under the weather!" And, let's not even talk about the hours I spent taking down all the Christmas decorations!

. . . so, this is the first chance I've really had to think about this post.

So, here I go. This is how I understand it works . . . drum roll please. . . the RULES:

Link to the person that tagged you, I did, Lib.
Post the rules on your blog. (doing this now)
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. (see below)
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. (to follow)
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (will do)

7 random and/or weird facts about Sher

1. I don't like to wake to an alarm clock. . . I prefer to wake. . . when I wake. . . whenever that may be (ha-ha, like I actually get to do this . . . but when I do, oh it's absolute "heaven.")
2. I tend to be wwwaaaayyy too organized (to the point of being annoying to my family :)
3. I have always wished for a sister. . . my whole. . . entire. . . life. I have a brother - but that doesn't count! Sisters just have this bond that brothers and sisters don't.
4. Actually, I enjoy the 4 seasons of Michigan. You sure don't get bored with the weather at least! You never know when it will change either. We can have winter and spring in one day, or summer and fall in another day! It can be that drastic of a change.
5. My dream vacations are actually "vacations" - sitting on a beach in a cabana (can't be in the sun, I have Lupus) , doing absolutely nothing but reading a book, and having someone bring me tall. . . cool. . . drinks. . . all. . . . day. . . long (without having to ask for them, of course!) :)
6. I love being home alone. Yes, totally and completely. . . by. . . myself. . . with the house quiet *sigh*
7. I love to do random acts of kindness for people . . . because it blesses that person. . . but the funny thing is. . . I'm the one who ends up being blessed, by seeing that person's reaction!!


OK, now to pass this on to 7 fellow AMAZING bloggers. (It's always so hard for me to choose because I enjoy so many blogs - so I just try to spread the love <3 around when I give out these awards. To me, everyone who blogs is AMAZING :)


1. Susan from Black Eyed Susan's Kitchen
2. Tina from Cherry Hill Cottage
3. Dolly from My Cherry Heart
4. Allison from My Cozy Home
5. Cindy from My Romantic Home
6. Dawn from The Feathered Nest
7. Susan from Not Quite June Cleaver


Blessings. . . until next time.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you for the award! I loved your 7 things. I have an older sister but I always wanted a little sister! I also hate waking up with an alarm clock. I usually wake up before it goes off!

Anonymous said...

That's a great list! I'd have to say several similar things:

1. I don't like alarm clocks either and now I finally have a chance to wake up naturally most days - sadly it's still like 6:30 am most days.

2. Oh, to be so organized I'm annoying would be a thrill! You should share some of your organizational tips for all of us who are challenged in that area.

3. Sisters aren't all they're cracked up to be. I have one brother and one sister and I'm MUCH closer to my brother.

4. The saying in Oklahoma, by famous Oklahoman Will Rogers is, "if you don't like the weather in Oklahoma wait a minute and it will change."

5. Me too, girl, me too!

6. Ditto - I love being alone at home.

7. I like doing RAOK too, and love it when people do it for me as well.

Can't wait to read your taggees lists. I've discovered a couple of new blogs to fall in love with thanks to your list of tags. Thanks!

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
I'd be Happy to adopt you for my sister.:o)
I enjoyed your 7 things and getting to know you better.
Hope you have aGreat day!
Blessins', Lib

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Aw Thank you sweetpea!
I will have to put my thinking cap on!
Hmmm.....

Have a wonderful day!
Stay warm,
Hugz, Dolly

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Sher, Thank you for this honor. I would be happy to be a sister to you. I also have lupus. And, although I love to initiate random acts of kindness, I usually think of them after the fact. I admire you for acting on that sort of impulse. Stay warm....its freezing here too. Susan

Adrienne said...

What fun to know more about you and get better acquainted. I don't like alarms clocks, either. And I LOVE being home alone - for awhile. I'll have that chance tonight and tomorrow. My sweetheart is going to an overnight retreat. I'll miss him but will enjoy some time with nothing to do but what I feel like doing. Thanks for sharing with us. ~Adrienne~

Southern Heart said...

Your list was fun to read (I'm on the same page about alarm clocks, too!).

Happy New Year!