As I shared in my "7 Random Things About Sher" post. . . I tend to be wwwwaaaayyy too organized at times and can annoy my family. Organizing, planning, etc. Well, my mindset is "why not. . . plan. . . be organized?" For me, it just makes life easier. I can't function well in chaos or confusion. . . so that's just my problem. Some people function fine in chaos and confusion, and that's just fine too.
So, with that said. . . the Christmas decor is down and I thought "why not" go ahead and put up the Valentines decor? I don't have a lot, but some. Why not make special days. . . special? I like to make memories for my girls and make small things special in life. Memories don't always just happen. . . sometimes you have to make them happen. My 20 year old has assured me that I did indeed make her childhood special. That makes me happy.

With winter in Michigan dragging, gray, cold, cloudy and damp, it's nice to have something to look forward to. So, that's why I put up a small amount of Valentine's decor, followed by a small amount of St. Patrick's Day decor, and then Easter. Did you all know that Easter comes WAY early again this year? In March? On March 23? I was surprised. I like it when Easter is in April. At least in Michigan, Spring will be around the corner. March is iffy. We can still have snow. You have never seen anything as funny as a bunch of Michiganders in their Spring Easter clothing, going to church with their winter coats, hats, gloves, boots and scarves. . . with their new Easter clothing underneath!

Dolly, from My CHERRY Heart is hosting a Valentine's Swap. If you're interested, check it out. I'm participating in my first ever swap. . . because. . . it's winter and Michigan. . . and I need something to look forward to :)
Blessings. . . until next time,


9 comments:
Hi SHer,
Love your Valentine decs. so pretty.
I did know Easter was early, only because I'm a crafter checking for deadlines.lol
HAve a great wkend.
Blessins', Lib
I love it. I was wondering if id do and Vday decor.
You will love your first ever swap.
Hope all is well, have a great week.
Bristol
Hi,
I have an award for you please come by and pick it up.
Blessins',Lib
I'm with you. I have been in the Valentine mood, too. Love your pictures.
That's so sweet that your 20 year old said that! I hope my kid says that to me one day! I didn't know Easter was in March this year! Love that deep red rose heart!
Manuela
You need to see my wreath I put on firplace. I swear it matches your heart.
Very pretty! I can't believe how fast the months are flying by.I hate when Easter is in March, I like it in April! lol.
Pattie
Mmm, I think I will do the same. I have decorated my home in red for most of my 28 years of marriage... so I love that several Holidays include red!
Finally got my tree down last night! Such a nice, welcome change!
Post a Comment