In addition to my new microwave/convection oven combo unit. . . my hubs surprised me with this wonderful, new, delightful appliance. A Kitchen Aid Deluxe Heavy Duty Mixer. I have a dying Sunbeam Mixmaster that I received as a shower gift . . . way back when. . . and I've had it serviced a few times. After having it serviced the last time I told my husband that I would love to "some-day" own a Kitchen Aid Heavy Duty Stand Mixer. Well, I guess that "some-day" came for me.
The time to receive this unexpected gift is great because here in Michigan it's been cold and snowy. Might as well stay indoors and "nest" away. Baking for my family has never been more enjoyable for me. . . and . . . I . . . absolutely. . .love it!! I've been making recipes I haven't made in a while and having so much fun in the process. Am I one blessed lady, or what?
Well, I have to go and give away some baked good now so they are not sitting around our house tempting me. You know. . . "Outta sight, out of mind. . . or in my mouth and on my behind!!" I think perhaps the elderly couple who recently moved in across the street may enjoy some homemade banana bread :)
Blessings. . . until next time,


9 comments:
Sher, look at you with all these upgrades! Good for you. I don't have a convection oven, but I've heard they are great. I think my sister has one, but I really don't know exactly how they work. I'm sure you'll get it all figured out in no time.
I don't have a fancy Kitchenaid mixer either, although I'm sure they are wonderful too. Guess I really don't do all that much baking.
Rhoda
LOL! I never heard of that expression before! It's so true (at least for me). Your mixer is a beauty! I've had one for over 15 years and never had a problem with it.
Manuela
I have really tried. I talk to so many people I never meet a stranger. This is such a funny place I live. I have joined scrapping clubs..was mom for all my kids trips in school. eople here never let you know them. I don't even know my neighbors. Ten years here. I took my neighbor a pumkin bread and they looked at me like I was a nut.
I live in an upper class area.Moms have surgery and hangout with their daughters. Crazy..I really think it is a spirit over this town.I have never lived like this.
Oh I love your Kitchen-Aid mixer! One of those is on my list, too, and I'm just trying to decide what color it should be!
Oh lucky you!! Very nice!
Pattie
Hi,
You've been tagged come on by.
Blessins',Lib
Sher, How very cool! Those mixers last forever. We have had one for at least 15 years, and considering that all three of my kids like to bake, and no one has broken it yet, I would have to say, that was a great buy. Happy mixing and baking. Susan
Sher - I'm SO excited for you!! I absolutely adore my Kitchen Aid mixer! I got the same model except in white. LOVE IT!!
Sher, what a thoughtful hubby! I love my KA, but am really wanting a new one soon. I would choose that very same color!
Have fun baking...
Post a Comment