Due to the fact my oven/microwave combination unit was recalled. . . we were forced to upgrade. Well, actually G.E. offered either a repair or money towards a new combo oven. We had a few problems in the past with our old oven/combo so we decided to just take the money and get a new one. So, this time I went for the microwave/convection oven combo. Supposedly, it is supposed to save energy costs and cook food faster. I adore how it looks with the sleek black and stainless steel design. This oven has the capability of turning off the convection and just using the oven the conventional way. It also has an feature which will automatically adjust a conventional oven recipe to convection temperature. How cool is that? I guess I'll have to read the manual. There are buttons for things I have never even heard of before. . . like. . . a Reminder button, a Probe button, a Warm/Proof button.
Do any of you have a convection oven? If so, do you like it? Do you find it really cooks foods faster and heats more evenly? Are there any tips or suggestions you could pass this way to me? I would appreciate any and all input.
Of course, my all so handy, do everything himself hubby (for which I am truly blessed!) decided to remove the old oven/microwave combo and replace with my new oven/microwave combo during the time the 11 cheerleaders were arriving at our house for the sleepover on Saturday night. Sure, we always have a mess like this going on while parents are coming in and out and cheerleaders are cartwheeling all around :) Why not?
Blessings. . . until next time,



4 comments:
Oh, it looks so nice. I'm sure you are going to enjoy the convection oven. A dear friend of mine has one and she loves it. She bakes all the time and I never know if she's using conventional or convection. She wouldn't have anything different. Have fun with it! ~Adrienne~
Hi Sher, I love our convection oven. We have a big Viking, and I have to say that I would be pouty to use a regular oven after this.(yes, spoiled) It bakes and roasts faster, so check your cakes a little earlier. It makes the most wonderful roast chicken. My house could be neat as a pin, but if someone is stopping by, that is the moment that it is a mess. I always joke that no one will be showing up if the house is clean and in order. Susan
I am so jealous because I have always wanted one of these. Sadly, I can't offer any real insight on your new appliance, but I can't wait to see what you cook up in it :)
I love the look..how luckey you were to get a brand new one. I do not have one and I like you would have to read about it and learn.
Goodluck and can't wait to see what goodies come from it.
Post a Comment