Tuesday, January 22, 2008

*Sigh* A True Thing of Beauty!!


My collection is now complete! . . . That is until Mary Carol Garrity releases another decorating book.

My decorating buddies out there certainly know about Nell Hill's, Mary Carol Garrity Decorating books. *Bliss* I tell you, pure *Bliss*. I could look at them over and over again. And I do. They are about the only books I own that I will absolutely. . . not. . . loan. . . out. . . they are that precious to me! Someday I hope to be able to visit Mary's brick and mortar shops.


Stylish Weddings was recently released earlier this month and I received my copy a few weeks ago. I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon. I am not planning a wedding any time in the near future, but with having two daughters, I know this will come in handy "someday!"

Then, one day while surfing on Amazon for something (that I can't even remember now). . . I always check for any copies of Mary Carol Garrity's Christmas at Home book. This book is now out of print. Oh yes, you can still purchase this book used from individuals on the Amazon approved list. . . but the book is now going from $60 and up. A little too pricey for my budget. While surfing . . . And what to my wondering eyes do appear? A copy of Nell Hill's Mary Carol Garrity's Christmas at Home book. What caught my eye about this copy? There was a seller - selling a "Like New" condition book for $8.54 with S & H an additional $3.99. Making the grand total for this absolutely fabulous, drool over book, $12.53!!! $12.53!!! The seller was
http://www.bookcloseouts.com/ When my book arrived, it was even better than I thought it would be. The only, only thing I noticed was that the back cover had a tiny crease in it at the top. It doesn't even appear to have been read prior to me devouring it.

For me it was like Christmas Day. . . all. . . over. . .again (and my birthday thrown in there too)! What a find this was and I couldn't be happier.

And, now my little collection is complete and I am one happy decorating fool.

Blessings. . . until next time,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Duck. I've been wanting that book and can't find it or less than $60.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love them. You luckey girl.
Have a great day.

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
Happy to hear your set is complete:o) Enjoy.
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

I've seen a few of those books at the library and I can see why you've sought out a collection. Lovely.

BailiwickStudio said...

Don't you just love deals like that? Especially when it's for something you've spent a lot of time looking for!

Anonymous said...

Sher, what a wonderful find!!! I bet it is wonderful, and the fact that you got it so inexpensively is wonderful. I'll have my eyes on high alert now that I know you got such a good deal. Thanks for letting me know.

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Judy said...

Sher: This is my first time visiting your blog and I couldn't resist commenting on your Mary Carol Garrity books. I am lucky enough to have all of them except her new wedding book. Although both my children are married and I'm not anticipating any weddings in my immediate family, I would love the book just because it's by Mary Carol. The Christmas book was my inspiration for Christmas 2006 and I "copied" a lot of her ideas. I had no idea some of her books were out of print so I'm glad I ordered them when I did.
When you get a chance, please visit me at www.gracioussouthernliving.blogspot.com.

Thanks - Judy

Judy said...

I love all of Mary Carol's books. The only one I don't have is the wedding one but I've been thinking of ordering it. She is such an inspiration! This is my first visit to your blog but it won't be my last. Please visit me sometime at www.gracioussouthernliving.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very cool that you got it at such a good price! I'd love to visit her store or her home!

Manuela

kathi @ traybella said...

My first time visiting your blog and I had to comment on your Mary Carol collection. I'm lucky enough to live in Kansas City and have been to the Nell Hill's shops. I'm here to tell you...they are so worth the trip! You will not be disappointed.

If you have a moment please check out my blog at www.traybellakc.blogspot.com
and I hope you enjoy Kansas City ...soon! Fondly, Kathi