Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Exhausting Day at the Hospital(s)!!

What a day!!

Our youngest daughter had two medical tests today. . . at two different hospitals (across town from each other!) We are home now and the poor little darling is exhausted. Our adventure began at 12:30 PM when I picked her up for an early dismissal from Junior High School. We now officially have T.B. , also known as Tired Butt!!

. . . It all started with a cheer injury. She hurt her wrist, oh somewhere. . . way back in January. At that time we were told she had torn a ligament and sprained her arm. She rested it for 2-1/2 weeks and resumed her cheer workouts/routines. Only problem? Her wrist NEVER got better. In the meantime, she started having chest pains. Yikes, for an almost 14 year old that scared us. . . especially since my husband had a heart attack at 17!! It also alarmed our doctor. So that's how these tests all began . . .We are praying this is only a virus or some type of indigestion thingy.

First, the doctor ordered an Echo Cardiogram. Of course, the hospital on our northern side of town doesn't do them on anyone under 16 so that's why we had to go to the Pediatric Diagnostic Center on the other side of town at the Hospital's Southern location. It's about an hour away. We had a little bit of a wait before our test and then after her test, we drove all the way back across town the other way. We stopped in between for a bite to eat and for a potty stop.

A MRI was ordered for her wrist because after not healing, as her wrist should have, we were referred to a Hand Specialist who discovered some type of a growth. Of course, this test (MRI) was back on our side of town at our hospital. The MRI department was a bit behind so we were delayed again. The test procedure was about 40 minutes. We are praying it's only a cyst. Our daughter did very well during the MRI, but was very happy to get out of that tube when the test was complete. It does help that patients are able to listen to music during the procedure.

I was able to complete my entire week of my Bible Study (Beth Moore, When Godly People Do Un-Godly Things - excellent study) during the waiting times. We arrived back home at about 6:00 PM. Not a fun day for our youngest, or the mom. We did her homework (Civil War - yuck) and are now going to lay on the couch and watch the tube (something "I" never do) for the rest of the night :)

Please pray these tests come back with nothing seriously wrong. Hopefully, they were just for precautionary measures.

Blessings. . . until next time,

7 comments:

Becky K. said...

I really dislike these kind of days. Praying that all results come back with good reports!
Becky K.

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
Praying the test comes back with Good news.
DOn't you just Love Beth Moore's studies. I do.
HOpe you get soem rest and Good news.
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

I maybe crazy then lol.But the big green bush close to the pink azalea dies and runs every where and just put on all the green. the leaves look just like wistria,but never bloom.it has taken over some of the trees. No idea what else it can be.

PAT said...

Dear Sher, I am so sorry your daughter and you are having to go through this! I'm praying the chest pain is nothing more than a bit of anxiety!! How scary for your daughter and her mom and dad. Also, praying the growth is an "ordinary" cyst!!

My daughter, Xanti and Noah's mommy, had a knee injury, due to a track accindent when she was 13. She was also a cheerleader. She was released for track before she was released for cheerleading! She still needs a brace for that knee, once in awhile. The injury happened over 25 years years ago.

Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Pat

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

How scary for you! I can relate to the feelings. My daughter had a few fainting spells over the years, two of which happened while she was RUNNING in PE! That was a great cause for alarm! She went through all the heart tests and all they came up with is that she has low blood pressure and if she is tired or not eating enough she can pass out. Yikes, it was scary! The last time it happened was just a few months ago after she had been sick for a few days. She went to take a shower and I heard several crashes. She fainted in the shower, out of the shower, and then in my arms. Luckily she is healthy, just needs to keep her blood pressure from dropping too low.

It is scary being a mom! Many prayers for you!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Sher,I am so proud of you for standing up. I wished more would. I agree about the book. Satan is sneaking into any book and cartoon he can.

Anonymous said...

Sher, I hope it's nothing serious. I like Melissa know how scary all those tests and waiting for the results can be. My daughter also had some issue last year which resulted in many tests but in the end it was just dehydration. Praying that the tests come back with nothing serioiusly wrong.

Manuela