The Great "Wall!!"
If you have a house with an "Open Great Room," meaning 20' - 24' ceilings. . . it's always a problem deciding what to put on the "wall." The "wall" being where the TV is; the "wall" that doesn't have doorways on it, etc. Some put large TV armoires on that wall, or large TVs. But then there is the open space between the TV or TV armoire and the tttaaaalllll ceiling. It's hard to fill that space and have it look pleasing.
So, here's an idea for you all. We had our builder design a built-in TV armoire on the "wall." We were then able to add some architectural detail on both side of the armoire with a built in area to accommodate glass shelving and additional cubbies above them. We added recessed lighting on dimmers to these areas too. The pictures above are of our "wall." One picture is how it looks closed and the other (sorry, it's a bit blurry) when we have the doors open and are watching TV. The stereo sytems is stored in the area beneath the TV and we have DVD's, CD's VHS and photos stored in all the cupboards surrounding the TV. We are very, very happy with the finished results.
I'll show you a few more little architectural gems added to our home in the next few postings.
Blessings. . . until next time,


9 comments:
What a great idea! If I ever have a "wall" I'll remember this one. Thanks for sharing it with us. ~Adrienne~
Beautiful job! Love the built-ins! Perfect!
Have a fabulous weekend!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Hi SHer,
What a wonderful idea:o)
Hope you're having a great wkend.
Blessins',Lib
I love the Wall. I hate my tv to show also. It all looks so nice.
Hope you have a great weekend. I came in and tok and nap this evening. I did get my ferns for the porch today.
That's a wonderful idea! It really looks great!
Manuela
Isn't it a wonderful feeling to have conquered a part of the home that you just weren't happy with! Your results are amazing!!!
Cherry xoxoxo
That is simply gorgeous! I love the shelves on either side as well. What a great idea! By the way, I love the new background with the Fleur-de-Lis! So very chic!
Oh, Sher... reading about your daugther below - I am sending loving thoughts to you and your family. Let us know how it turn out. XXX000. By the way, the TV cabinet looks wonderful and was a great way to fill up that space. I must have all electronic gadgets behind closed doors! Love, Esther
Sher:
I covet your beautiful built-ins. Very nice.
Debbie Kay
Post a Comment