Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Keeping Busy, Having Fun and Taking Orders

Well, I'm caught up from vacation. . . finally. Now onto other fun things. I shared with you all that I purchased a small sewing/embroidery machine a month or so ago. Many have e-mailed me asking to see what I've been doing on my machine.

Here are a few items that I have embroidered on recently. I am also onto doing graphics. I just finished some embroidered towels for my Powder Room with Fleur De Lis. I'll post those pictures later. I have to duplicate my towels to put a basket together for the cancer Relay for Life. I'll be participating this year with my daughter and the other 9th grade Cheerleaders. I have been asked to donate a basket for the silent auction from the cheerleaders. I thought a basket with bathroom themed items and embroidered towels would be something useful.


A couple of aprons embroidered with the recipient's name. . .

. . .which are tucked inside matching tote bags.


Cotton receiving blankets with the baby's name and. . .


a matching polar fleece blanket. Gotta love that polar fleece!!


And. . . a few more tote bags. I have done many, many of these totes bags. This is just a sampling of what I've finished. I sell them for $6 so that's been a big hit lately. They are nice for gymnastic clothes, music lessons, library books, whatever.

Well, I'm off to start embroidery on a few pillowcases now.
Blessings. . . until next time,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank for the sweet words.Love all of your work.

Adrienne said...

Wonderful work! I have an embroidery machine that does everything except the dishes and I've never embroidered anything with it. My goal is to slow down a few other things so I can. Thanks for sharing your projects. Can't wait to see your towels. ~Adrienne~

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Those aprons are seriously fabulous! Glad to hear that you had such a nice time on your vacation. Susan

Anonymous said...

Sher those are so cute! I've loved embroidered goodies since the first time I ever saw a Lillian Vernon catalog way back when. But your things are so much cuter and look more durable!

Just wanted to check in since it's been several weeks since I've been able to stop by. I appreciate you!

Becky K. said...

If I had one of those machines nothing in my house would be safe!

These items are adorable. I love the matching tote and apron. Fun!

Becky K.

PAT said...

I love all these projects, Sher. I also love that you are donating a basket for Relay for Life. J and I have either donated and/or participated in the walk for many years.

I can't wait to see your fleur di lis towels!

Pat