Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there in blogland!! . . . And some monogram towels for gifts!!
I'm sure you have all noticed that monograms are big. I mean BIG!!! So, I thought I would put my new (having oh, so much fun with it thankyouverymuch) embroidery machine to good use for Mother's Day presents.
Each mom will receive a personally embroidered, by yours truly, set of monogrammed hand towels for their guest bathrooms. My maiden name and my married name both begin with the same letter. . . so I didn't even need to change the letter. The towel in the middle is mine. I'm keeping it for our guest bathroom. I tried something new with this towel. It's an embossed monogram. You use the same color thread as the towel and it actually looks embossed. It is a little harder to see than the black lettering so I thought the moms would prefer to have something that "pops" like the black lettering.
Here's a close-up of the embossed monogram. Very elegant, don't you think?
. . . next, I'll be working on monogram towels and pillowcases for Cancer Relay for Life. I'm putting together a Paris flair bed/bath basket from the 9th grade cheerleaders as a donation for their silent auction. I'll share pictures when I am finished with that project.
Blessings. . . until next time,
Friday, May 9, 2008
Mother's Day Presents!!
Labels:
cheerleading,
decorating,
embroidery,
Family,
holidays,
projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am so impressed with your work! I know th moms will love them.
Happy mothers day.
Your monogrammed towels are gorgeous. I have a wonderful embroidery machine and have never used it yet. I need to get busy!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet Mother's Day wishes. Happy Mother's Day to you, too. Our day was so full and blessed that I'm later than hoped with my wishes to you.
~Adrienne~
Post a Comment