Monday, June 30, 2008

Yes, It's the Motown Sound Baby!!


Well, I am from Detroit folks and I do believe the BEST music EVER is the Motown sound!!


This week I heard that at the Temptations and The Four Tops would be playing near our home. I checked on the tickets and didn't really know how it would work for my hubby and I so didn't bother to order them on-line. The concert was on Sunday the 29th and we already had a lot planned that day. We had our annual Freedom Service at our church (honoring our military personnel - awesome, awesome. . .just keeps getting better each and every year!) then a few other things to take care of.


Well, about an hour before the concert my hubby checked the website and told me that the lawn seats were now going for $7 - - ($7 for the great Motown sounds of the Temptations and Four Tops?) and did I want to grab the beach chairs and go? Did I want to go? You betcha I wanted to go!! Our 20 year old was going out for the evening so we told our 14 year old to gather her things we were going to a concert. Except, she didn't want to go!! She begged to stay home, not answer the door, don't leave the house, etc., etc. our usual rules. We had the most wonderful time together. . .


. . . until our 14 year old placed two calls to me, then two calls to my hubby during the concert. Of course, we didn't hear the phone ringing. We checked periodically to see if she called. (Our 20 year old was out for the night and would be home before we were.) We called home, no answer, we called her cell, no answer, we called our 20 year old's cell. . . no answer. We started to panic and left the concert. You know how a parent's mind can wander and think the worst!!


Of course, nothing was wrong when we arrived home!! Our 14 year old was calling to ask if she could go on the treadmill and she was bored and wanted to know when we would be home. Gee Whiz, why bother calling us and if she did call leave a message!!! AAAUUUGGGHHH When we called she was out taking a walk with our 20 year old so they were not home to answer our return phone calls or did they think to take their cell phones with them!! Like what do we pay for their cell phones for if we can't get a hold of them when we need to? Next time, we'll just take our little darling 14 year old with us so we won't have to worry about her!! I'm not sure if that will be her punishment or ours actually!

I think I need a mothering break - and soon!!
Blessings. . . until next time,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you sound like me. Hard to have fun and relax. Always worried about those babies no matter the age.

Lib said...

HI SHer,
I do remember those moments of worry ,to return and everything be fine. Now when were out and Ds doesn't know where we're at he calls our cell and ask where are you?I've been worried to death.lol
He was always a good kid, but guess its payback time.lol
HAve a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a bummer that you had to leave the concert! I have been down that road though, and know how it is. Better safe than sorry. Susan

Anonymous said...

The package arrived. you or an Angel. I love it all. Kaytlynn will be top dog. Thanks for not forgetting her,I will be in touch soon.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sher, I haven't been by to see you in awhile, so busy and all. I love what you did with the chandelier in your yard...and what a pretty space that is. Great job!

And OH, I love Motown!! I'm glad you got to go & sorry you had to leave early. Yes, next time, you'll have to take her, whether she appreciates GOOD music or not. Motown is my fave!

Rhoda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sher, I'm trying to talk all bloggers into removing the Comment Verification (the letter thing). Most don't even realize they have it on. You can turn that off & still leave on Comment modification, but the letter thing is not really necessary.

Please consider checking NO on that one! It just takes so much longer to reply when that is on.

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, The Temptations! What a wonderful treat. Those kiddos can drive us nuts---no matter the age ;-) I hope you loved the part of the concert you were able to hear. PS It seems like someone or thing always needs "mothering"--I have found breaks are hard to come by, but I really can't imagine my life without that aspect.