This is my backyard "paradise!"
I love sitting here in the AM with my cup of coffee and my newspaper *sigh* Sometimes my hubby and I will sit here in the evening when he's home with a glass of wine and "wind down."
One thing was missing though. . . candlelight in the evenings. Enough candlelight I mean. I have candles all around, but I wanted the "mood candlelight". I found a few minutes this past Friday to hit a few garage sales. Look for I found for 5 bucks!!
You know those ugly brass chandeliers that everyone has that we are all getting rid of now - because brass was so "last decade?" Well, I saw this brass chandelier marked $25. No way was I going to pay $25. The lady asked if I could use this. I told her yes, but I was just planning on painting something up for my patio, removing all the electrical and using candles - - and no way was I spending $25. She asked what price I was looking to pay. I told her about $5 - - so I didn't think this would work because she was looking to get considerably more for her chandelier. She told me to take it for $5. Cool huh? I would have never offered her $5 when she was looking to get $25, I don't like to insult anyone. Some people really think their stuff is worth, oh so much more than it really is (oh, sentimental value and all to them). But, she asked. So I told her my "budget" for an item of this type.
I came home, washed it up, removed all the electrical "stuff" - dug out my paint from some of my prior projects and there you go. I need to purchase "fatter" candles than the little votive candles I have in there now, but it all works just great.
Now, I have "mood candlelighting" in the evenings. Pretty cool, huh? And for only 5 bucks!



6 comments:
What a great paint job on such a special find!! It made it look like a totally different piece. What a terrific addition to your patio!
What a great find!
Makes me want to come have a cup a......... and relax.Lovely place !:o)
Blessins',Lib
You did very well!
I love it...and your cozy outdoor space.
Becky K.
Great, cozy idea and for not a lot of $$$$!!!
The "new" chandelier enhances an already beautiful space, Sher!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Pat
You are amazing. I love the new light.
Also thanks so much for the burp clothes. I will be looking for them.
Post a Comment