Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another Little Project DONE!!!

Another little project finished. . . drapery toppers for our Den

*Edited: Hey everyone, thank you so much for your lovely comments. A few of you complimented me on the lovely shade of cocoa brown on my walls. I know it's really hard to distinguish by the photograph, but the walls and drapery toppers are a shade of burgundy. Dark, rich, brownish burgundy! I hope you all like it still :) I poured over colors for weeks to find the correct shade. Not too pink, not too purple, you know how hard it it with reds!!

When we finished our basement my husband moved his office into that space and moved out of the Den. He gave me the Den. Lucky me. So, out went the old toppers and then I needed something new to coordinate with "my feel." I sewed these toppers last week and hung them up. I wanted something with a Victorian feel, but I didn't want a heavy drape on both sides of the windows. We have the most wonderful sun shining in through those window. Hey, we live in Michigan. . . when the sun is shining I WANT TO SEE IT AND FEEL IT!! I love this room. It's my "little tea room."



I'll share additional projects that have been eating up my time within a few days :) .

Blessings. . . until next time,

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi -
Your new toppers are wonderful. You are so fortunate to have a tea room! If I ever get to your neighborhood I hope we can sit there and chat and drink tea.
~Adrienne~

Bo said...

Oh, I'm loving those chocolate walls and wishing I knew how to sew when I see what pretty toppers you made...Great look! ;-) Bo

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your toppers are really nice and look perfect in your room.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the toppers! It looks so cozy. How wonderful that you have the den!!

Manuela

Lib said...

HI Sher,
Love your topper's. I too have a space for tea.So relaxing:o)
Have agreta day!
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Sher..so glad your trip went well. It looks like such a neat time.
I love your little space you have made.

Gone said...

Hi Sher,

I came over from Bo's blog...you did a great job in your "little tea room".

I have a TEA PARTY coming up on October 8th on my blog...if you are available, stop by, click on the button in our right side-bar and sign up!!!

Nice to meet you, fellow-Michigander!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Sweetie said...

The toppers look wonderful. Your sitting area is nicely arranged. It looks like a great place to sit and drink a cup of tea with a friend. The County Living Fair must have been wonderful - lucky you! I'm looking forward to visiting you again and seeing more of you projects.
Sweetie

Bo said...

Me again...I had to come back after reading your comment on my "OLD" sconces...guess what??!!
I think I have your old pair 'cuz I bought them at a flea-antiquey-kind-of-place...so they travelled all the way to Texas...haha...that would be funny, wouldn't it...
Have a super weekend ;-) Bo

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very nice, Sher...those are really cute in your room.

Cherdecor said...

OH! I love this little corner! I love the chocolate walls. I love your sweet toppers, I love how the white windows POP and I love the chairs! I want to come for tea!

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like you are having a lot of fun decorating. Enjoy. It looks great!

Judi