Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tea Anyone?

Back into my Den.

I hope you can all see the walls a little better with these photos. And then again, maybe they are not any better than the last one I posted. The paint color is a brownish burgundy, not a cocoa brown. I receive many compliments on this color. It's called Hawaiian Cinder, a Behr paint from Home Depot.

You can see through the reflection in the mirror the windows minus the drapery toppers. I shopped for a very long time to find just exactly what I wanted for fabric. I'm happy with my choice. You can see the completed toppers in my prior post.


I posted this before, but thought I'd share again my little tea cart. I purchased this a while ago at an Amish auction. I still love it. The top removes and becomes a tray for serving. The inside opens for storing tea pots and tea cups.


And this is my cloche. It was my birthday gift last year from my mom and dad. I love it in here with tea-cups stacked up underneath it.



Right now I'm working on a sleigh bed I purchased from Craig's List. It wasn't in the best shape, but is looking wonderful now. I also painted our master bedroom's bathroom yesterday. I think fall is the best time for painting, don't you? You'll have to wait until both the bedroom and bathroom are completed and I'll give you all a tour. I'm loving how it's turning out!!!

Blessings. . . until next time,

8 comments:

Cherdecor said...

When I saw your pictures this evening I thought, "Now Sher has gone and repainted her rooms!" Ha! Ha! We thought they were chocolate. That just goes to show that you cannot trust the internet colors.

I will be painting again this week, Lord willing. I have a deacon's bench to finish and crown molding to paint. I agree that fall is a good time to paint!

I love all your pictures and your decorating. Good job!
Blessings,
Cherdecor

Bo said...

I also thought your den walls were chocolate before...but mercy me, this color is luscious too! You have created a wonderful spot to retreat to.. ;-) Bo

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Sher, Beautiful room! I love the tray with legs on the coffee table! Very unique! :) ~Rhonda

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
I'll be right there with some flavored tea.:o)
Love you're colors! And decorations! Love the stacked tea cups!
Happy Autumn and have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Love the color and it all looks so pretty. Id love to have tea with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love the colour of your walls and your tables are lovely too. I agree fall is a great time to paint temperature wise and also it just feels like the right time. Spring is outside time and during the winter it gets darker sooner and other celebrations are in mind. So I agree with you.

I can't wait to see the finished rooms.

Have a lovely day.
Judi

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous room, Sher!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a lovely room!