Or, more like. . . what was I thinking??!! :)

Yeah, I went back and purchased another 2 cases ~ 14 1/2 dozen ears of Michigan bi-color corn, shucked it, cleaned off the silks, blanched it, cut it off of the cob and froze it for winter. I'm DONE. No more corn!! I'm sure we'll all be savoring this wonderful bi-color corn come January around here. . . but for now. . . I don't want to freeze any more!! While cutting the corn off the cob. . . it splatters
everywhere. Our youngest daughter was way at the other side of the kitchen at the table doing homework. While I was finishing this project she yelled "Mom, you're hitting me with kernels of corn over here!" Yeah, poor kid. I had an entire kitchen to clean and scrub ~ counters, back splash, floors, the daughter :)Anyways, I've been a hit and miss blogger lately. This is why: My Projects!!!
I found this little vintage gem at the thrift store last week. I sanded it, primed it and painted it black (my new favorite paint color for furniture) for my master bedroom redo. I'm thinking black toile behind the glass doors (hides my junk that way :) ).

This is the
before picture (
darn, I need to start getting better about taking pictures
before I finish my projects!) of a great little sleigh bed I purchased from
Craigslist.com. I love it. It was not in the best shape when I got it. . . but I'm transforming it (
see next photo).

This is the beginning of my
transformation. This is the
foot board. I couldn't get the photo of the head board because no one was home to hold the foot board out of the way for me!!! It's hiding behind the
foot board draped with a old white blanket I use to protect things. I found these wonderful wooden
appliques at Home Depot and used Liquid Nails to apply.

So far, what do you think? I'll be showing this sleigh bed when it's in our master bedroom. I'm painting our master bedroom this weekend so it should be in there shortly.
And lastly, I picked up this little beauty. Another Craigslist.com find. I'm going to attempt to recover this myself with a black and white
toile fabric for my bedroom redo. I love Cindy's blog,
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/ and she has inspired to me attempt this myself. I saw what she was doing with a chair and I thought. . . "maybe I can do that too!" Thanks Cindy!!

And lastly, I'm so excited because today at a garage sale I found a router. It was $15. I'm going to attempt to route out the back of moulding to cover our standard, builder bathroom mirror. You know, those little plastic mirror holders that stick out to hold the mirror to the wall? I'm thinking I may be able to route a notch out of the backside of moulding and attached them.
Now, if I can just figure out how to use the router and the mitre saw!!!Blessings. . . until next time (and thanks for stopping in!!),
16 comments:
Morning Sher...I wish I could get myself motivated to work on some of my "wanna do" projects...Yours look great! ;-) Bo
Sher, love the bed and the table. They both look great painted black. You did a great job.
Good luck with the router!
Cathy
Hi Sher,
Yes, corn is messy but oh so good.Bi-color is my favorite too.
Love your new finds!
You're doing a great job!:o)
Good luck learning to use those tools. :o)I see a Show in the future."SHER'S HOME IMPROVEMENT":o)
Have a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib
Yes!!! You CAN recover that chair! I just learned how to make that double piped trim to match the fabric so I'm going to be doing that this weekend on mine. It doesn't look too hard. Hopefully you will see it on my blog on Monday...if it turns out well.
I love the bed and that little cabinet too! I think toile would look great on that!
that bed is spectacular! Wow. And I can't seem to get my little table going in the garage. Running out of warm MI days aren't we? Great job!
The table and the bed...black is my new favorite color though I haven't painted anything big...YET!
Can't wait to see your room redo.
Hehe glad you stopped by. I love what you are doing.I can't wait to see.
Sher, I love the table and bed, but that chair is darling!!!! I CAN"T wait to see what all you do! Nancy
That is too funny that you live near there. It sure is pretty out there. Just so far from my place WEST!
I love that headboard! That is so pretty!
Looks like your on a roll, the headboard turned out classy. All your effort with the corn will make meal times yummy, especially with the price of food lately. You are quite an industrious woman and seem to enjoy all you do.
Blessings,
Karen
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my Pink Sat. post---yes, my DIL would not like her little girl playing with food, but you know that saying: What happens at Nana's stays at Nana's. ;) Actually, I told my DIL what I was going to do and since we were both teachers, she thought it was funny. She knows I wouldn't REALLY do that--it's all in good fun.
YOU are a girl after my own heart with that furniture transformation! When we moved here 3+ years ago, I started buying "reclaimed" furniture--from those who had already painted it black, then we did a few pieces ourselves. I redo smaller items for resale at local shows and have had real good luck selling almost anything I paint black. I am in love with that color, too, because it makes any style of furniture look good again. Double Wow to you for all of that corn freezing! That IS lots of work, but so worth it when the snow is flying! Dana
LOVE all three pieces. Great restoration job on the table and bed frame. I think black toile behind the glass would look great!
M.L.
Love your furniture finds and what you've done to them! The black looks awesome on the table and the sleighbed....can't wait to see the chair too.
Good for you!...no Sher..be very very careful with the mitre saw you know what happened with the painting project..hmmmmm....
Judi
I followed you home and have been snooping around your sight. You are a woman of many talents...I want a router...but I DON'T do saws...thats what Home Depot is for...they cut it for you lol. I'm sorry about your back. A sore back is such a bummer because it stops you from doing EVERYTHING. I hope you start feeling better soon...I'm anxious to see the finished pictures of your bedroom!
Loved the sleigh bed and cabinet! I know, black is beginning to be my new favorite color to paint furniture (used to be white)!
Manuela
Post a Comment