Thank you to all of my wonderful blogland friends who sent prayers, cards and well wishes my way. I'm feeling so much better now thank you very much!!!
My hubby took me to the doctor again today and I was told that I need to start physical therapy next week 2x a week for 6 weeks. AND ~ today ~ I decided to stopped taking those darn pain meds. that hubby kept giving me (as he was instructed to do at the hospital). I do not like that loopy, light-headed feeling at all. That's not for me. I will take some pain meds. before I go to sleep tonight to help me rest painlessly, but no more during the day time. My doctor told me I could try stopping them if the pain was tolerable. Believe me, I'd rather have a little pain than a loopy, light headed buzz going on. I mean, I like to function properly, know what I mean? Not like, "Oh, whatever, life is but a dream :) "
We do have a wedding to attend tomorrow night and naturally, I was told "no dancing at all" by my doctor :) " That's OK, I'm a lousy dancer anyways!
Since my bedroom is still torn apart (and driving this AAA personality, take charge, creative type absolutely crazy), I cannot post pictures of my new improved bedroom yet. It will be painted this Saturday, if I have to do it myself (just kidding ~ the doctor and hubby said they will roll me if I even think about touching a paint roller right now.) Hubby said he will roll the walls for me Saturday and I will oh, so do my very best not to give my two bits to him while he paints (pray for me folks!) Did I happen to ever mention I'm also a control freak and like to do everything myself? Yeah, another problem of mine.Anyway, I thought I'd post pictures of our Harvest Decor that I took before my little mishap :) I mean, what fun is a post without pictures anyway? The first few are of the outside of our home ~ Welcome and come on in!
Now that I'm looking at these pictures I realize I've even changed some of these things around a bit since snapping them. Some of the pumpkins are now sitting in urns, some items moved. Oh whatever!! You can get the overall idea. This is a shot of the Great Room.Close up of the mantle with staggered pumpkins and fall foliage tucked in here and there. Love, love, love those burgundy pumpkins!!
Close up of our sofa table (This is the table I always use to decorate with our holiday decor).
Our little glass block light on the kitchen counter. I think this is sooo cozy with the gold lights inside. Doesn't it just make you want a warm cup of cider?


26 comments:
I'm so glad to know you're feeling somewhat better...just take it EZ.
I know all about being a Type AAA personality and control freak!! Sometimes I think I'm doing pretty good and then realize I'm not doing any better at all at giving control over to someone else...namely Tom!! LOL!!
Think I'm too old to learn???
Have a blessed weekend...
Jan
Hi Sher...just stopping by to see how you're doing...you sound spunky so that's a good sign. Your home is so beautiful, inside & out.
I don't think I've ever seen burgandy pumpkins before...extra, extra pretty! Take care ;-) Bo
Everything looks wonderful! Today was a bit cooler here. Thank you Lord. Well, cool for Florida. I plan to hang my front door Fall wreath tomorrow and get out my scarcrows.
Hope you're feeling much better real soon.
Hugs!
Kat
Hang in there, Sher, and try to work on your recovery.
Your fall decorations are so pretty!
Oh it all looks fabulous. I"m with you on the fall decor. I love what you've done. And I'm so sorry that you are having to take it easy when you want to be on READY, SET,Go for your bedroom remodel! How frustrating! But if you take care now, then perhaps you'll be set to go, go, go for the next few months of HOLIDAY decorating!!! Just be making your lists, and checking them twice so you can jump right on all those projects!!! Take care of yourself!
Suzanne
Hi SHer,
So happy to hear you're feeling better!
Love your decs. I don't get into Halloween either. I like fall items much better and you can use them all fall.
Listen to the Dr. and Dh and get yourself better soon!:o)
HAve a great day!
Blessins',Lib
Your yard and home look lovely! Have you been to that new store, Flower Factory? It is out your way. A bit far for me, but I might try it soon:)
Hi Sher,
Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Physical therapy will do wonders.....
Your autumn decor looks wonderful!
I know what you mean about doing it all yourself...and your way!
BUT
Don't push yourself.....take care of that back, everything else will wait for you!
Hugz, Dolly
Your home is just gorgeous!
M ^..^
Sher, I'm so sorry to hear of your mishap, but glad that you're back home and healing. That bedroom will get painted...right now, concentrate on you! I love your decorations...everything looks lovely!
Glad your feeling better! Now my back & neck is messed up. It started hurting really bad this evening and I didn't know why. Then I saw a man on tv have his feet slip out from under him from a wet floor and I said, "That's it..that is why my back and neck are hurting." I remembered earlier in the day I slipped in the kitchen on slippery tile (from ice cube that someone dropped & didn't pick up) I didn't fall, but I guess it tweaked my back.
By the way, your home is gorgeous!
Well...Birthday Girl...now you done it!!!
Stop over and see the 2nd post about WINNERS on my blog...you might find it very interesting.
You WON!!!
~Blessings,
Jan
Hi Sher, I am glad that you are feeling better and able to get physical therapy. I think that will help a lot! Those pain pills nearly kill me. When I took them for tooth pain, my blood pressure dropped way down and my pulse slowed way down. They are scary!
I loved looking at your scarecrows, pumpkins in urns, your door decorations and those squiggly greens beside the door. So pretty!
I liked your great room with the table decorations. I like the wreath on the table. I don't think I would have thought of that. I have a sofa table too and maybe I need to think about putting height on it. Your house is so ready for the fall season.
I also like the little ice block on your kitchen counter that has the lights inside. Those are so cozy looking. Yours is so sweet!
You have such a beautiful home. Do you realize just how blessed you are???? My whole house could fit in your great room. Hahaha! Just kidding, but you do have a lovely home.
I like the fact that you honor the Lord with your home. No witches, goblins or ghosts. You go girl!
Girl im so far behind. Im so sorry things have been tough. I hope you feel better. I am about to take time off. My mom fell again and I have sat here to many times and wanted to be with her. She is in bed and im going to take care of her. It maybe a week,but I will return.
Hey Sher, I am glad you are getting better! Your fall decor looks fabulous! nancy
Well since I have been away I can see you have been up to no good...LOL. This slipping on a plastic drop cloth honestly sounds like something I would do. In fact just yesterday I climbed up on my bed and while balancing on the end reached up to clean the light fixtures and ceiling fan. Probably not all that smart now that I see what happened to you. I am thankful that even though it sounds like a pretty serious injury, that at least you are feeling some better.
Your fall decorations look just beautiful. I always love seeing the creative decor of my blog friends. Thanks for commenting and welcoming me back from my break. Knowing you were feeling so rotten makes it mean even more.
Blessings,
Christi
I am so sorry to hear about your injury! You did a real number on yourself by trying to paint while standing on the bed!! I've done things like that before and it's a miracle I haven't really wrecked a body part or two! I was glad to read that you are doing a bit better. I hate how pain med. can make you feel, so I don't blame you for going without it during the daytime.
Your fall decor looks wonderful---outside and in! I love your beautiful home!
Take care of your back and have a great week! Dana
What a gorgeous home! I hope you're feeling better soon.
Thank you so much for dropping by my blog! You have a magnificent home, and the fall decorations are beautiful. Burgundy pumpkin is so pretty, I have never seen one like that.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who did those incredibly-smart-oh-no kind of things? Yeah, I just broke my foot cleaning the carpet! Not one of my finer moments. But you, MUST rest and take care of yourself and absolutely, positively, NO PAINTING, NO Climbing, and NO jumping on the bed!!! HA! Physical therapy and time should help a lot. Meds are great when you need them, but can mess you up in a hurry. Take care.
So glad you are feeling better. Enjoyed looking at your fall decor.
I love the bed that you are re-doing. It looks great and I'll look forward to seeing it all put together when you are recovered.
Sher, I have been remiss in visiting my "blogs" and just now read about your mishap. I hope you are much better now.
I love your fall decorating. Just beautiful. I also love that wrap you are wearing in one of your photos. Oh my...gorgeous!
Hope your week is great.
Just stumbled onto your blog this morning, your decor is lovely! I hope your feeling better today, I agree about pain meds. I hate the way I feel on them!
Hi Sher, just dropping by to say hi. Hope you are still getting better. Hope your bedroom is coming together beautiufuly! Nancy
Hang in there, Sher! I've been through physical therapy for back pain too & it does get better. I don't remember seeing your greatroom before, it's so pretty. And I'm with you, I don't 'do' Halloween either, although we give out candy. Never have gotten into all the Hall. decorating. Give me Christmas!
Bless your heart. I am laughing... only because that sounds exactly like something I would do.
I am glad you are feeling better!
Your fall decorations are beautiful! Your home is lovely. Can't wait to see your finished bedroom.
Post a Comment