OK friends, help me out here!!
What's up with the attack on holiday sweaters????? Everyone is making fun of them, swearing they would never want to receive one for a gift (don't worry family/friends, I've never gifted anyone with a CHRISTmas sweater and I don't have any future plans to do so either). I've heard ladies saying they would never be caught dead in one, blogging pictures of them wearing holiday sweaters in the past years and asking "what were they thinking???" blah, blah, blah.
Yeah, that picture is one of my holiday sweaters ~ I have several :) I love to wear them with jeans and a turtle neck the same color as the sweater background. I mean, doesn't everyone? Guess not!
Maybe it's because I'm 49 I don't see any thing wrong with wearing them. Is it an age thingy maybe? I mean, I can't see our 14 1/2 year old or our 21 wearing one, but does everyone feel like that????
. . . just wondering friends, just wondering.
Blessings. . . until next time,



10 comments:
I love Christmas Sweaters. The more glitter and glitz the more I like it.
Mine is looking sad after so many years. I wish I could find a new one,but you are right very few stores even have them.
Now you have me wanting to get out and find one hehe.
You go Sher I know your beautiful in yours.
I only own one, but I definitely wear it during the Christmas season. You might have seen it in a photo this week when I wore it to a Christmas luncheon. Hey, I say don't worry what others think, just do what makes YOU happy. Right?
Christmas hugs!
Kat
Well, I still wear all of mine and I have about six. I wore one yesterday and I think I was the only person out shopping wearing a Christmas sweater! I'm NOT throwing them away:)
Hi Sher...I'm so glad you asked this question and I'm going to check back later & see what others are commenting...Personally, I LOVE them and I've spent a pretty penny building up a wardrobe of them...So I too say, "What's up with that?"!!! ;-) Bo
I have heard the attack on holiday sweaters too! Were sweaters in vogue in the '80's?
Anyway, I have two and I drag them out every year.
I intend to keep dragging them out the next ten years! Ha! Ha! I am not a person who buys the fads. I only buy what looks good. If it is in vogue, good! But if not, too bad.
BTW, I love your holiday sweater!
Go ahead and wear it! It is really cute!
I have a few as well. I have thinned them out, I used to have more. My SIL has that one you have pictured. My oldest helped me thin mine out telling me that I belonged on what not to wear!
Hi Sher,
I still wear my Christmas sweaters and Love it.lol
I've always lived outside the box, but have fun doing it:o)
Blessins',Lib
Oh my gosh.. I didn't hear about the attack of the Christmas sweaters.. I love them... I don't have any left.. Mine were so old and then I was going to give them to goodwill and my sisters and mom took them.. I have been on the hunt for new ones. keep wearing yours.
I say if they don't like it they don't have to look at it. Period. Wear your sweater any time you want with pride. My collection has slowly disappeared, but only from too much use and haven't gotten around to replacing them yet. Now I wear Christmas socks and several have bells on them. Makes the cats and hubby crazy, but I love them anyway.
I didn't know there was an attack on Christmas sweaters going on though I noticed that Joy on The View was dogging Barbara about wearing them recently. I don't know but I kinda think it's totally mean spirited to make fun of something that makes somebody else happy. I LOVE Christmas clothes and sweaters and jewelry though I don't much get to wear the sweaters down here where I live (heck it's in the 70s here right now). I own one sweater that I wear every year and that is very dear to me because I purchased it for my mother, but she died right before Christmas that year and never got a chance to see it. I say wear your sweaters, enjoy them and ignore the naysayers - it's just ignorance - I'm sure there are just as many on the opposite side who would defend them!
Post a Comment