Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just A Little Something!

I actually did this "little" project before CHRISTmas, but got so busy I forgot to blog about it :)

One day while finishing up my CHRISTmas shopping I was walking through Wal-Mart. . . I took a short cut through the sewing department (yes, I am blessed, our Wal-mart still has a fabric/sewing department, thankfully!) While taking this shortcut I noticed a little area of trim on clearance. This particular trim caught my eye and I stopped to examine it further. $1.00/yard on clearance??!! Hmmmm, may just be enough to trim out my dining room lamps. I bought the remainder of what was on the little bolt, finished my shopping and came home.



I measured it on the shades when I arrived home. Hmmm, again, may just be enough! Like just enough. Like the perfect amount!


Down to my basement Work Room I went (more on that later ~ this has been my personally declared - Organize your Work Room week - hopefully, I'll be able to move around a bit better when I'm finished organizing).

Out came the hot glue gun (always keep a bowl of iced water near by for instant relief to those finger burning accidents - which will occur! Gee, wonder how I know that?)

Not bad for a couple of bucks and a couple of minutes for my time.
Blessings. . . until next time,

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Sher, perfect touch for your lamp!

Stay warm,
Cathy

Karen said...

ooh, love that! I need lamps in my dining room......just told Dan this morning we need to get rid of that bad ceiling lamp too.

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Looks 1000 times better!! Way to go!

Justabeachkat said...

What a difference it makes! Great job!

Hugs!
Kat

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Thanks for the blog advice & for entering our giveaway! I just added ways for you to get extra enties in our giveaway...come by and check it out. Ok so I'm off to check out your blog!

Take Care
Darlene

PAT said...

What a difference the black fringe made. Wonderful!!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

How I WISH my WM still had a sewing area - lucky you! The fringe looks great - really adds alot of pizzaz!

Manuela