I ROCK MY HUBBY'S WORLD ~ THANK YOU SUSAN!!
Have you met Susan, from "Not Quite June Cleaver?" I'm not exactly sure how I came across her blog, or when, but I adore her. She is full of inspiration. She homeschools her children, cooks, bakes, makes soaps and aprons, etc., etc. Her husband also travels for his job (as does mine). And she sells all of her items in her shop too! Susan shares her wonderful knowledge with us all with step-by-step tutorials. Soap making tutorials, baking tutorials, cooking tutorials and my hubby's personal favorite a step-by-step tutorial for making. . . Chicken n' Dumplings.
When I discovered this tutorial, I thought of how much my hubby loves these things. Apparently, his great grandmother made them quite a bit and occasionally, his mother would too.
My husband always orders Chicken 'N Dumplings at Cracker Barrel. Like he loves them so much he orders them for dinner. . . then with the dinner comes two sides. You guessed it. Those two sides he orders are for additional Dumplings.
With Susan's step-by-step tutorial, why not give it a try? It sure looked easy enough. I had just never thought to try making this dish before.
So, I reviewed Susan's step-by-step tutorial and thought they looked pretty simple to make. I purchased my supplies and away I went. Friday, I told my husband that I was going to "attempt" making his favorite dish and boy, did his eyes light up!
I followed Susan's exact directions and it was easy-peasy!! I was so surprised at how easy these things were to make when here I always thought it was some kind of rocket science!!
My husband told me they were the BEST!! He had them for dinner, more after dinner, for a mid-night snack. . . .
The next day he had them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yeah, he loves them that much!!
I told him that I would be most happy to make these for him once a month. He was thrilled. I made his day and Susan, you made mine. THANK YOU!!
Check out Susan's blog and try to make some of these for your family too. It's easy, thanks to Susan, a very cheap meal to make too, and makes a ton!!
Blessings. . . until next time,



14 comments:
Awwww...you made my night! What a sweet sweet shout out! Tell you husband I am happy for him and PROUD of you!!! YAY!!
Dumplings are just one of those comfort foods...so nostalgic and so full of memories for so many people.
Do make them again...make them a tradition!
Your post is such a great way to start my week!
Blessings!
Chicken n' Dumplings are one of our family favorites too. I'm off to check out Susan's blog.
Cathy
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I'm really excited to try it.
Also, you did a great job decorating for St. Patty's Day. I'm just too darn lazy.
Sher, you are such a sweetie. Thanks for your compliments on my blog about my faux arrangement.
We too love chicken and dumplings. I'm go to check out this blog right now!
Donna
Hi there,
I've never made them either. They look HARD. I leave that kind of cooking up to the "Cracker Barrel."
HA!
BUT I may check out your friends blog and see how to make them....."just incase."
I found you via Susie's blog.
We both live in the same area...if you know where I mean.
Stay warm......
Be blessed,
Joyce
Hi Sher
oh my here we go again..I've found another recipe I'm going to have to try..maybe on Friday night. Great! Thats so sweet you put your hubby's picture on your blog eating your goodies..*s*...sweet. Well it sounds like your hubby would be a good person to have test the recipe because he loves it so.
Thank you for sharing and I'm going to check out Susan's blog too.
have a lovely evening
Judi
I'll have to stop in and get the recipe!! That sounds scrumptious!! Thanks for sharing!
;-)
That looks delicious! I'm hungry now. I love your St. Patrick's day decorations. I think we are the only two decorating for it. :-)
Sher, My hubby is the same way about dumplins...Orders them the same way at cracker barrel!~ I can make them..but I think they are messy...I don't like all that flour..out everywhere...lol :)
I like Cracker Barrel's chicken and dumplings, too!
I haven't made this dish in a long time. Perhaps I'll pick up the recipe and give it a try. Yours looks delicious!!
Thanks for the kind words sweetie. Im so excited about your dumplings. Sometimes being from the South I take for granite everyone knows these foods. I grew up on dumplings and make alot,but when I go to Cracker Barrel I still order hehe. I just can't get enough kinda like your husband=)
Thanks for the new blog friend I better run meet her.
Have a great day.
Awww, that wonderful! I love dumplings too but I hardly every make them. I'll go take a look at her blog now, she sounds like my kind of lady!
Manuela
Hi Sher,
Looks yummy!
HOpe you're having a great wk.
Blessins',Lib
Don't you just love it when you feed your family a meal they love! It sounds wonderful and tasty!
Your St' Paddy's Day Decorations below are so festive and pretty! :) ~hugs, Rhonda
Post a Comment