We're Seeing Green in our House!
I've seen so many of you out there in blogland are already decorating for Easter. I wish. With about 6 more weeks of winter left for us Michiganders I just couldn't go from Valentine's decor to spring Easter decor. We have to have something in between.
So, out comes my St. Patrick's Day decor. Are we Irish? Well, maybe a "Wee Little Bit." My dad's mom was English and Irish. But, are we all not a Wee Bit of Irish for St. Patrick's Day anyways? I only wish I could prove that we are also a "Wee Bit of Native American" too so our kids could get free college. My other grandmother's great grandfather was an Indian Chief. That's all I know. Everyone is now deceased so I'm stuck with paying for college. . . like everyone else :) I guess if you can prove that you are 10% Native American the tuition is free. I don't think by the time it filtered down to my kids it would be 10% anyways.
I found the above (some type of liquor) decanter at a garage sale this summer for $2. It was from an Irish lady. It has all kinds of Irish symbols on it. I thought it was kind of neat. Not too neat though when I went to place it under my cloche, put the cloche back on top of it and it promptly broke my cloche top (yeah, the decanter was too tall ~ I didn't think to check before ~ CLUNK~~!!).
The first photo has our fireplace, with green lights, St. Patty's garland and my St. Patty's little Fairy. Isn't she cute? I found her at T.J. Maxx last year.

Here's what it looks like lit up with my green after Christmas sale lights on, which I wrapped in St. Patty's green transparent ribbon.

I also had an extra sting of green lights so I added it to the large vase by my lamp table. Yes, the one by the remaining "cloche!"
Blessings (& Irish blessings too). . . until next time,



3 comments:
Everything looks to pretty. I love green and yes I have a little Irish in me too. "May the road rise to meet you and may the wind always be at your back!"
I also have a little Native American, Cherokee, I think.
Oh, I will send you a picture of me standing on Serpent Mound. It is an Indian Burial or worship center.
Blessings,
Cheryl
Hi Sher...I'm loving seeing you decorate for St. Patty's Day...not just because it celebrates Irish ancestery though because I think DH & I are probably run of the mill Heinz 57 types, but because..
oh, never mind...you'll just have to wait & see what I post March
17th...LOL...I know, I'm bad!
;-) Bo
I love your St Pat's decor, Sher. No Easter,yet at our house. I am doing a little bit of spring here and there and will save Easter to the end of March I think.
Post a Comment