Yup, it's time. Our basement bathroom has been waiting for the tiling to be installed in the shower. My hubs, also know as, Mr. Can Do Anything and I are now in the process of tackling this baby. It's a tedious project. Saturday hubs poured the cement over the rubber liner then had to make sure he pitched the concrete properly to flow towards the drain. I couldn't help him because we were having a few couples over that night to watch "Fireproof" (purchase or rent the video if you have not seen it ~ it's GREAT!) on the hub's big screen/wall. . . so I had cooking/baking/cleaning things to do.
Then hubs had to install cement board with concrete screws and patch and mud the seams. We are going to tile our shower all the way up to the ceiling and the little shelf/seat that hubs built in. Cool, huh? It's a BIG, HUGE tile job though and guess who's the tile cutter? Yup, ME! My hubs marks the tile, I cut it, my hubs lays it. We work like that. . . together. . .in our home, in our life and in our marriage :)
Blessings. . . until next time,


7 comments:
Hi Sher...
It looks like you and hubs will be busy on this project for a while...quite a big job. Can't wait to see the results!!
;-)
I would love to learn how to lay tile. I will be keeping my eyes on yall hoping to maybe learn a thing or two. That just makes my heart smile when I read that yall do those things together. Sweet... just like God planned. Helpmates...thats what I like to call us. Marc and I enjoy working together {most of the time}... he is not that much into the handy man thing but Lord help me Im trying. He does try and thats what its all about. Give and take..
We watched Fireproof together too and loved it. I would love to have a few friends over and watch it again..and again! It was that touching. The acting wasnt that great but when I found out it was just people like us... I loved it all the more! Hope yall have fun and cant wait to see how the shower comes out.
Hi SHer,
Can't wait to see the finished project,like always it will be Beautiful!
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib
Wow! If we don't hear from you for a month, we'll know why. But I can hardly wait for the big reveal.
Also, FANTASTIC job on the artwork below. I can't believe how awesome it turned out. Kudos to you!
You are so brave to cut tile. I cannot wait to see this project finished. Love that he is such a good tile layer.
Cynthia
Hi Sher...Your project list is incredible! My DH has it easy compared to the honey-do jobs y'all undertake...wow! I'll be looking forward to the results...
;-) Bo
It is great that you two work together so well. I will look forward to the finished project.
Post a Comment