My Favorite Season of the Year :)

I know you in the south have been enjoying garage sale season for a while already. But, here in the north. . . they just started. I have no pictures to share with you all. I'm in bed with a rotten chest cold/sinus thingy. . . but before I got sick I hit a few on Thursday. I found a Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker with an extra pitcher and lid for $5, makes GREAT iced tea. We don't drink Sweet Tea here in the north. Just plain brewed iced tea. . .yummy! I also found a great little table that needs some TLC for $15!
. . . and I found some really nice costume jewelery (yeah, like I need more of that my youngest said). The weather here is absolutely beautiful. Low 70's. That's perfect in my book. Before taking to bed, I helped hubby put out all the outside yard things yesterday. We re-installed our rock pool, I uncovered and changed the lights in our fountain in the front yard, put out the pots, yard ornaments and the gazebo tent. It is so nice to be done now doing these chores at both homes. More mulch added to both homes, yard & patio things in place.
. . . and I found some really nice costume jewelery (yeah, like I need more of that my youngest said). The weather here is absolutely beautiful. Low 70's. That's perfect in my book. Before taking to bed, I helped hubby put out all the outside yard things yesterday. We re-installed our rock pool, I uncovered and changed the lights in our fountain in the front yard, put out the pots, yard ornaments and the gazebo tent. It is so nice to be done now doing these chores at both homes. More mulch added to both homes, yard & patio things in place. Now. . . we can just sit back with a tall iced tea and enjoy the beautiful weather. :)
Have a wonderful week. When I'm up and feeling better I have some baking and cooking to do and a birthday cake to make for hubby. He's turning 52 on Thursday. Where does time go?
Oh yes, did I mention everyone will be back to school and work from Easter Break tomorrow? Yes, that's my real Whoooo-Hoooo!!! Then, I'll be back to myself shortly because I will actually be able to rest!
Blessings. . . until next time,



10 comments:
Hope you're feeling better soon, Sher!
We have a Mr Coffee Teamaker here and one at the lake, too. They both really get a workout. We use bottled water in ours. It makes the clearest nicest tea.
Hi Sher,
Hope you feel better soon!
Gotta Love those finds:o)
Have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib
Hope you are feeling better real soon! It seems like a lot of people have colds right now. Happy Birthday to your hubby!
I went to 2 garage sales last week too and am planning one of my own!
I think if Emily was getting all A's I would be more likely to allow Pom, however she has her struggles and needs a tutor at times. I think I am right even though she is mad at me:)
I am finally catching up with you, Sher. First, feel better very soon. Second, I knew we were kindred spirits...yard sale season is my favorite too. If you can stop back at my blog again, I am having a give away.
Just to add my 2 cents...I don't live in texas, but the nursing school opportunity sounds like a great idea. If she has to go out of state and she can get into a school where she knows the climate and area..plus has her Dad around, that seems like a great deal. I wish you the best of luck with that...and you are welcome to cry on my shoulder when you miss her. I have been going through it this year and can honestly say that the only one who really has issues is me. I miss my kid.
♥, Susan
I miss my ice tea pot, forgot all about it, maybe better find a new one indeed. No sugar here either, just good old brew, but fav is sun tea. I love a great sale, but the tax man is taking away all my fun now so don't dare even look.
I hope you feel better soon, rest and take care of yourself!
Tell the hubs Happy Birthday!
Y'all can find the best things at garage sales... I only see junk.
maybe I need to haunt your neighborhoods.
I have a Mr. Coffee Ice Tea maker too! I LOVE it! This is my second one! It makes the best ice tea. It's funny, I always heard of sweet tea but until McDonalds started serving it,I had NO idea how sweet it was! It's like drinking syrup!!! Gross!!! It sure doesn't quench your thirst it just makes you thirsty! I like my tea lightly sweetened with Splenda!!!
The low 70s is my ideal weather! I wish it would always stay in the 70s! It's sooo hot here. We are having record heat... Right now it's 7pm and it's still 89 degrees! Luckily tomorrow it's supposed to be a little cooler!
Hello! I have an iced tea maker too. But still for some reason just use the sun. Isn't that strange? Must just be California or something.
Hope you are feeling better soon and will share your pictures.
Karen
I love yard sale season. Went this weekend and found lots of great stuff.
I hope you feel better... and can show us all your treasures.
Cynthia
Post a Comment