Wednesday, June 3, 2009

TAKING A BREAK. . . AGAIN!!


Dear Friends:

So much has happened in the past month. . . our oldest daughter is now living in Texas finishing her Bachelor's of Nursing Degree with plans to continue on with her MBA. Our youngest is gearing up to finish the 9th grade - which is Junior High in our school district. She'll be starting High School in the fall. And boys, those pesky boys are now on her radar. They are calling her cell, texting her, walking her to classes, waiting at her locker. She's having fun. Me. . . I'm not sure I'm ready for all this with my baby girl. Where or where has time gone?

. . . and I am behind on about 5 million projects that I have on my "To-Do" list. So, I'm taking a break. I'll be back. . . someday. . . I think. When I began this blog it was for fun. Now it seems to be hanging over my head as another "To-Do!' - Take pictures, oh yeah, remember to take pictures of my before, not just after my projects are finished, etc., etc.!! Ever feel like that?

This is such an opportune time for me to bond with our youngest daughter and this past week has been amazing. She, being on the only child at home now, is opening up to me like never before. I don't want to be preoccupied with photographing things, thinking of needing to post again. And. . . I need to get my 5 millions things done.

I'll post when I can. Take photos of my projects (when I remember) and still try to check in with you all from time to time.

This weekend we are heading up to the cottage for some family of three bonding time. Oh heaven on earth if I do say so myself!

See you all soon,

Blessings. . . until next time,

7 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oh, I am envious of the cottage, and of dd's fresh exuberance for life, and sharing it with you! Mine is hardly home to share! We'd much rather hear from you and how you are doing than see pics of all that you are doing....don't get me wrong, pics are great, but we'd rather get the chance to see and hear from you if you are too busy to take photos! Enjoy your break, your bonding, and do come back to check in when you can, with or w/o pics!! :)

suzanne

Judi said...

Hi Sher
It was so nice to see you today and your kind words.
I know what you mean about needing a break...life moves along so quickly and blogging does take time...I can understand your needing to be with family and get all your projects done.
You don't always have to have pics...but I understand.
I have those times too.
Enjoy the cottage and everything you can...and I do hope you'll be back to share.

I read about your daughter's b'day party...it sounds like it was so much fun and such a great idea.
thank you for sharing
Judi

Justabeachkat said...

Yes, I know exactly how you feel. Good for you for doing what you feel is right for you.

Judi said...

OH Sher...
As much as I truly understand---I don't want you to go! Selfish little me enjoys reading your blog, seeing all of your fab finds, experiencing your creative creativity and peeking into your lovely home and life! But, of course---as you said---you've things to do and projects to tackle and you won't be able to do all of that with obligations that have nothing at all do with getting them done hanging over your head! And, it sounds like you'll have to be one step ahead of that high schooler of yours! You already know that these years go by quickly....oh yeah. But, with the 2nd child--they just fly by! So, Sher--I wish you Godspeed, blessings and happiness in all you do. And, if you stop back every so often--what a gift you'll be giving us! I'll be missing you but I just love the anticipation that comes with waiting and I adore surprises!
Enjoy your family time, enjoy your projects...but most importantly enjoy yourself. If I remember right---you are on your way to 50 (nice of me to remind you...huh?). It's time to do what YOU want to do, how you want to do it and when you want to do it! You never know what joy you will find on your journey when you have the time to look around, time to have long chats, time to smell the flowers and time to steal some kisses!
Onward, dear Sher!
Stop by and check on me every once in awhile!
Oh, and have loads of fun!
Happy Summer!
Judi
P.S. How about them Penguins?

Judi said...

OH Sher...
As much as I truly understand---I don't want you to go! Selfish little me enjoys reading your blog, seeing all of your fab finds, experiencing your creative creativity and peeking into your lovely home and life! You should be so proud of yourself! But, of course---as you said---you've gotthings to do and projects to tackle and you won't be able to do all of that with obligations that have nothing at all do with getting them done hanging over your head! And, it sounds like you'll have to be one step ahead of that high schooler of yours! You already know that these years go by quickly....oh yeah. But, with the 2nd child--they just fly by! So, Sher--I wish you Godspeed, blessings and happiness in all you do. And, if you stop back every so often--what a gift you'll be giving us! I'll be missing you but I just love the anticipation that comes with waiting and I adore surprises!
Enjoy your family time, enjoy your projects...but most importantly enjoy yourself. If I remember right---you are on your way to 50 (nice of me to remind you...huh?). It's time to do what YOU want to do, how you want to do it and when you want to do it! You never know what joy you will find on your journey when you have the time to look around, time to have long chats, time to smell the flowers and time to steal some kisses!
Onward, dear Sher!
Stop by and check on me every once in awhile!
Oh, and have loads of fun!
Happy Summer!
Judi
P.S. How about them Penguins?

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sher! I totally understand all the time that blogging takes. It gets harder & harder to get it all done. But, you are doing the right thing. Your daughter will only be this age one time, so enjoy & be there for her!

Have a good summer!

Cathy said...

Sher, hoping you're doing well.

Cathy