Friday, August 24, 2007

Where did summer go?




Well, we're winding down from the summer of 2007. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for it to end too. Maybe it's because the following season, "Fall" is my absolute favorite time of the year.

It's been a busy, busy summer for me with projects I'm trying to start, make progress on or complete. I don't know why I even attempt larger projects in the summer since it's hard to get a block of time without interruption (because of the running around I do as a "Taxi Mom!!!")

The best part of this summer, however, is that my youngest and I have actually "bonded" a little, but please, don't tell her this!! We spent a few weeks "alone and together" at the cottage and survived to talk about it. She's 13, remember? The shock of all was that "she" was the one to suggest we do this - just mom daughter time she said. Wonderful. Amazing. Memories I will always cherish.

I'm looking forward to school beginning - at least we are all on a schedule (and the youngest is getting bored and misses her routine and friends). Fall, it's a nice time for new beginnings, fresh starts, back to school. I have projects I will tackle once we're all "back in the groove." I want to paint the master bedroom/bathroom and the bathroom in the guest bedroom. I have an old antique secretary that I need to refinish. . . and other miscellaneous things to do!! I'm going to start volunteering one day a week in our church office too. The rest of my time, I'm not in a hurry to book up or commit my time to. . . . that seems to happen all by itself :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for ya sista!!

Anonymous said...

13? I remember when. . . .