Silver. You either like it, or you don't. I do like it. I don't like cleaning it. Back when Hubs and I married (26 years ago) silver was a fortune! Therefore, I didn't register for silver-plate flatware because the price was out of this world. Today, I don't think brides register for such things. (They register at Home Depot for grills, sporting goods stores for hiking equipment, etc. Things have certainly changed, haven't they?) Entertaining is not what it used to be. Everyone is too busy. That's probably a better thing. Not so fussy. Just more casual. You can certainly get together more often and don't have as much work if you just order a pizza or throw burgers on the grill.
. . . But I still like silver and I use my silver. I use it for the "Ladies Advent Tea" at our church, I use it for ladies luncheons and brunches I host at my home, we use it on special occasions, birthdays, holidays and sometimes "just because day." Someday, I hope to use these fine things for my daughter's bridal showers. Oh yeah, I have my silverplate flatware now. It's a vintage pattern from 1925 and I love it. Simple elegance is what I call it. Someday I'll post about it and show you all a picture of this lovely set I've pieced together.
. . . But I still like silver and I use my silver. I use it for the "Ladies Advent Tea" at our church, I use it for ladies luncheons and brunches I host at my home, we use it on special occasions, birthdays, holidays and sometimes "just because day." Someday, I hope to use these fine things for my daughter's bridal showers. Oh yeah, I have my silverplate flatware now. It's a vintage pattern from 1925 and I love it. Simple elegance is what I call it. Someday I'll post about it and show you all a picture of this lovely set I've pieced together.

Anyways, back to what this post is about. I stated above I don't like cleaning silver. . . well I found the most wonderful product. Maybe those of you who like silver have already found this product. It's by Haggerty. It's a spray on cleaner that you use with special Haggerty gloves. You spray the cleaner on the gloves. . . then you actually "rub" off the tarnish. It's magic I tell you, pure magic. I had so much fun when I actually saw how fast this product works that I cleaned all the silver in no time and had fun doing it. . . . And it doesn't smell . . . . like, you know, that grandma's home Toni permanent wave kit either! You who have silver and clean it, know what I mean. Then the next bestest ever product is the Haggerty Silverware Dip. It's a tall plastic container with a little dipping basket inside. You place a few pieces of flatware into the basket, dip for no more than 10 seconds and out comes your flatware ready to rinse and dry. Amazing I tell you, simp
ly amazing! Just wanted to pass it on to those friends of mine who like silver. For those friends of mine who have all their silver in a box stored in the basement. . . oh well, never mind.
Oh yes, I almost forgot. . . after cleaning your silver, throw the gloves in the washing machine, wash and they are ready for the next time.
Happy polishing!
Blessings!
Oh yes, I almost forgot. . . after cleaning your silver, throw the gloves in the washing machine, wash and they are ready for the next time.
Happy polishing!
Blessings!



1 comment:
I like this stuff a little more than other silver polish, it smells ALOT better!!! Now I can actually stand to be in a nearby room when your cleaning silver!
Post a Comment