I'm still working on painting my antique secretary. I have half of it completed (bottom half) and I'm now working on the top half. It's turning out wonderful (my opinion)! I'm very, very pleased with how the finish product looks. It will be a few more days (hopefully) until it is complete and I can post a picture of it on my blog. It's a very slow process with all those cubbies for mail, notes, etc. Plus, I need to remove all that antique stain from the hardware with mineral spirits. I was able to get the handles back on, but the little decorative pieces that are nailed in between the handle have been antiqued (don't know why - I'm thinking the prior owner didn't want to removed them before antiquing the piece).
The best time for me to work on it is in the evening, after everyone is in La-La Land. It's quiet, I'm not interrupted, I'm not playing taxi, etc. After working an hour or so I can then just hop in the shower and go to bed myself. :>)
Blessings. . . until next time,




1 comment:
It looks great already! I can imagine that it's time consuming with all cubbies you have to do. It's going to be wonderful when it's all done!
Manuela
Post a Comment