Fall. Cooler weather. . . shorter days. . . fire in the fireplace. . . spiced cider. . . ALL THOSE KID'S ACTIVITIES WE RUN AROUND DOING!!!
Do you use a crock pot? I do. I love mine. I use it all year round actually, but especially in the fall when the running around with the activities starts. It's nice to set it and go. Here's a recipe I just found and can't wait to try. My kind of recipe. E-A-S-Y Peasy!!
German Potato Soup
1 pound cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 of a 28-ounce package frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers (about 4 cups)
1 16-ounce jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
3 14-ounce cans chicken broth (5-1/4 cups)
In a 4- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker place sausage, frozen potatoes, sauerkraut, and mustard. Pour broth over all.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
Makes 6 to 8 main-dish servings (about 9-2/3 cups).
Here's the link to sign up for slow cooker recipes delivered daily to your e-mail account. http://slow-cooker-recipes.blogspot.com/
Soup is great in the fall. Served with a tossed salad and a roll or homemade bread . . . ummm, doesn't get much better than that (unless, of course, someone else is doing the cooking!!) .
Blessings. . . until next time,


5 comments:
I Looooooove my slow cooker!!!!
A few days ago I made sausage n saurkraut in the slow cooker...last night I made a roast in the slow cooker!
They are life savers especially if you live a busy lifestyle!
I love the thought of coming home after a long day and dinner being done!
This recipe sounds yummy!
I will definetely try this one!
Thanks a bunch,
Hugz, Dolly
I love mine I just forget to get it out! I know that is crazy.
I made chili last night, I was so excited!!! Have a great weekend!
Bristol
MMMMM-Yummy! Thanks for sharing! Thank you also for all your sweet comments!
blessings, kari and kijsa
Hello Sher! Nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping over and leaving a comment for me at Esther Sunday! You have a lovely bloghome over here! What your husband said about your garage door incident? Soooo something that my Artie would say! Hey, I love your new secretary! Way to go for your birthday! And, do you need my address so you can send me the yummy leftovers from the slow cooker meal? Will be adding ya to my list so I can check back in! Love, Esther
Post a Comment