
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, my present to myself . . . It's done!! My secretary has been lovingly repainted to fit my decor. I painted my piece in Satin Black. It's perfect for my room and for this corner of my room. I finally have it finished and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I've taken pictures for you to see it both open and closed. I will be leaving it open, since I think the inside cubbies, drawers and little cupboard are a "work of art." . . . And also a pain in the neck to paint so I'll want to see the fruits of my labor!
I do have one additional item to add to my secretary. . . a small lamp for on the shelf. I have the "perfect" lamp (garage sale find), I just need to rewire it. I don't want to drill a hole large enough to accommodate the electrical plug. I'm thinking I'll either take it apart, or see if The Home Depot or Lowes have a new snap on plug (that would work well too). . . then I'll just need to drill a small hole to accommodate the cord, reattach the plug and we're in business.
Do you like it? I hope so. I love it! . . . or as my 13 would say, "I heart it!"

Blessings. . . until next time,



11 comments:
Hi, Sher, what a beautiful secretary you have now! I love how it turned out, since I saw what you started with a couple weeks ago. It looks GREAT! I know you are thrilled to get such a nice looking piece for so little. You are smart to look for bargains...a girl after my own heart.
Love your painted brass pieces too..I still have a few to get rid of in my house too, but I'm slowly getting there.
RHoda
Man that thing has come along way since you first posted it. I love it!
Sheryl- That looks great, I love it! Have a Happy Bday!
Bristol
I LOVE IT! Or I {heart} it!
It is so pretty!
Happy Birthday!
Melissa
I think it looks wonderful. What a great job you did.
Cherry Menlove
You did such a beautiful job - I just love it!
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Happy Happy birthday to youuuuuuuu!
I hope your day was wonderful!
You did a fabulous job on the secretary!
It looks wonderful!
Hugz, Dolly
It looks absolutely beautiful! I love the black. Now I have to ponder over what to do with mine!
I LOVE how it turned out! I really like painted furniture particularly black and white. You did an amazing job. It looks fantastic!
Manuela
Sher, I love the way you secretary came out!!! I have an old secretary that is so beat up I was thinking of painting it white. Now after seeing how beautiful yours looks in Black I think I just might paint mine Black! Great job!!
Pattie :)
What a gorgeous gift to yourself. You did a great job. It's such a change. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Belated birthday wishes for a great year ahead full of many blessings.
~Adrienne~
Post a Comment