Friday night we had a "small" birthday gathering for our oldest daughter. She's turning 20 today, Sunday, the 7th. Both sets of grandparents came over as well as my daughter's boyfriend and his parents. I'm so glad everyone was able to come help us celebrate! Both my daughter and I love the fall, so we were so looking forward to an indoor tailgate party. We planned to serve "hot" mulled cider, chili, grilled sausage and hot dogs and watching the game on hub's big screen TV in the basement "man-cave." However, it was 87 degrees here in Michigan!! It was more like a summer heat-wave than a fall tailgate party. I had the A/C on and we went ahead with the gathering, minus the hot cider. We drank the cider it ice cold instead.
This has been a year of big birthdays in our house. My hubby turned 50, our oldest turned 20 and our youngest turned 13. One daughter went into the teen years while the other left them and my hubs is now eligible for the AARP!!
. . . then speaking of birthdays, I have one myself on Monday. Aaaaauuuuuugggggggghhhhhh!! Since my husband travels, we celebrated Saturday night. He took me to a great restaurant that I have been wanting to go to. Afterwards, we walked around downtown and had the best time. Just together. No kids. Wonderful. Aaaaaahhhhhhh.
I also want to mention that I have deleted, temporarily, the Bible Snippets of the day. I'm looking for one in the NIV, not the KJV. Just a preference of mine. I find it easier to understand.
By the way, I am younger than my hubby. I'm not turning 50 (and won't be for a few years.) . . . just wanted to get that straight : )
Blessings. . . until next time!



3 comments:
We have some things in common, quite a few actually.
I am glad I stopped by!
My husband is older than I, he is turning 50 this October. I am just a youngin' at 40. :-) I would want to keep that fact straight, too.
Looking forward to reading your blog, many blessings,
Melissa
Sheryl- Have a wonderful Birthday.
YOur daughter is such a cute girl. We just celebrated my son Griffin's B day yesterday. Have a great week.
Bristol
LOL you're so funny....Happy Birthday!
Manuela
Post a Comment