Monday, November 12, 2007

Basement Tour. . . continued - Part 4

Part 4 of the Basement/Man Cave Tour



Come on now for a tour of my basement kitchen - "Coffee House" style.



This is where we stopped last time on our "tour." My hubby LOVES popcorn. . . that's why he has this popcorn maker/cart. He likes movie theater popcorn with his movies.


I love my basement kitchen. When hubs was designing the basement he asked me what I would like to have in the basement. I asked for a kitchen and a bathroom. He thought I was crazy to want a kitchen, but he went along. This has been the best decision. I love having a basement kitchen! We entertain like crazy, host parties and holidays and just hang out down here with our family. My upstairs kitchen is way at the opposite end of the house from where the entrance to the basement steps are. I didn't want to be carrying food all the way across the house to the basement. I know that friends, family and get-togethers. . . mean FOOD. I decorated it in Coffee House style to give it a warm and inviting feel.


See that back door? The white door? Behind that is my storage area. You will not be seeing that area anytime soon! It's currently a mess. We have our storage shelves, my sewing/craft stuff and, of course, the dusty exercise equipment. This is an area I plan on "attacking" after the holidays. Just too much to do prior. It can wait a few more months. January, February and March are great months to take on such projects.




At first I thought I didn't need a dishwasher, but my good friend Lori was over while we were constructing this area and she told me I'd be sorry if I didn't put one in. Man, was she correct. I have used it so much. At first I thought we'd just use paper and plastic. . . but that's so wasteful and just not "Green" either. Thanks Lori for the great suggestion!




I don't think you can read this due to the glare. It's a chalk board and I wrote "Kitchen Rules: 1) Make it 2) Clean it 3) Don't complain about it!


Next time, we'll see my hub's favorite area. The area he can see from his office.

Blessings. . . until next time,

3 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Sher, There's like a whole other house in your basement! That kitchen is wonderful. Susan

Chery said...

I just stumbled onto your site while visiting Cherry Hill Cottage.
Love, love your basement!! I am also a 40ish christian mother of 2.
I have 2 sons 17 & 14. Can't wait to see the rest of the basement tour!! Stop by my blog!!
cherysapplebasket.blogspot.com

Adrienne said...

Sher -

I LOVE your basement. You did such a good job. Wish I lived closer - I would join you in your little corner for a cuppa and a good visit. Can't wait to see more.

~Adrienne~