Part 5 - Basement Tour . . . continues /
We left off last time in the kitchen. This is what we will see next. Our family/media viewing room. (Yes, I like to crochet. That's an afghan in red on the floor that I'm crocheting. . . I can't just sit and watch movies or TV, I must keep my hands moving. . . I know. . . strange!)
The white wall on the left is actually a projector screen. It's a special paint that is used. We used one called "Goo-Systems." It was very easy. I applied the base and the top coat. . . just like any other paint. We would highly recommend this system if you are considering a projection TV. The great thing about this kind of TV is when it's not on it's not sticking out like a sore thumb.
You can see our projector hanging down from the ceiling. We have cable, DVD, VCR, DDR, CD, VHS, whatever else hubs has hooked up. . . like video games, etc. It's his toy. He designed it, and installed it and the Boise surround sound speakers himself. He's extremely talented, technical and electrically gifted. I am one blessed wife!
We have a leather couch in the middle of the room along with a matching arm chair and ottoman. Behind this couch is. . .
a pool table. You can once again see the projector mounted from the ceiling.
Pool table, pub table, cue rack. We can have a lot going on at the same time here in this "Man Cave!" And to finish up our tour today. . .
a slot machine!!! For fun. It only takes tokens, not quarters. Too bad. Maybe I could have taken in some cash to help off-set the cost of finishing this basement! Now you can see the other side of the stairwell. We've made a complete circle.
I still want to show you the bathroom and what I added to the "water heater closet." Perhaps, next time.
Oh, yes, the refrigerator IS certainly stocked with lots of Beer!
Blessings. . . until next time,



13 comments:
Wish I had a basement like this for entertaining. Then I would do it more often!
Wow, looks like alot of work, but very nice when completed!!
My boys would love to come stay with you.You have done a great job.
Hi,nice place, what's that green long plant on the table?
Can I move in your basement? LOL! Your basement is just gorgeous!!
Good morning! I’m so glad to find your blog. My name is Nan and I’m new to blogging, having just started this week. I hope you’ll drop by for a visit when you get a minute.
Looks like you have a gorgeous home.
Have a fabulous day!
Hi, Sher! What an absolutely wonderful finished basement you & your hubby have created. I know you must be enjoying it, with all that space for movies, relaxing, eating & just whatever. You've done a great job with it all. Love your hubby's office space, really nice area. Congrats on a job well-done & you did so many things on a budget too. Gotta love that!
xo,
Rhoda
Wow, beautiful!
You have one wonderful family room! Love the projector. It must make watching movies a theatre like experience!
Manuela
What a great basement, looks like a wonderful place to hang out!!!
Hope all is well! Have a great weekend
Bristol
If your dad could look at that one and build you one it will not hurt my feelings at all. You will enjoy watching them fight over it lol.
Your basement is beautiful! I like the color on the walls and it looks like a very cozy place to hang out and watch movies. Nice to have a kitchen down there for easy access to refreshments and snacks. It's wonderful!!
allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com
What a dreamy place to relax with your family!
Love it all!
Melissa
Post a Comment